Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you be shitting it...

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We SHOULD still manage to get enough points to stay up even if we lose to Hudds. My fear could be that heads drop, confidence goes (if we can't beat Hudds... Arghh!!!) and we hit a downward spiral. 34 is possible for staying up, but its cutting it jolly fine. I'd need less andrex with 37 points, for sure

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think we might have enough points already. Struggling to see how all the teams below us will pick up enough to overtake us. If we win next week we’re home and hosed.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Jeepers creepers I gave up NSC for lent, come back and it's still just the same even when we're 13th in the league. Considering we could lose to Hudders and still very likely be 6 points clear of the drop zone, I think some people need to have words with themselves if that automatically means we're going down. The Arsenal game proved there are points to be had in every game we play in, no matter the opposition.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
If there's a more aloof gatekeeper this side of Chipping Sodbury I've yet to see him post anything on here!

Well, I never thought I would see Chipping Sodbury mentioned on NSC!:laugh: I used to go there as a child when my aunt lived there.

As for staying up, I do really hope so as it’s the only way I will be able to watch any games next season.

My faith is in Chris and the boys to do it:albion2:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No, i think that if we pick up a point or two will will still be safe.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Southampton, Stoke and West Brom will not get 34+ points.

So losing next Saturday shouldn't matter too much.

But, nevertheless, if we do lose our 4th game in a row, I will be mighty hacked off.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I thought 34 points would do it but just done the predictor thingy and have us drawing next week and going down with Stoke pipping us on the last day of the season. 3 more points, however they come, will see us fine though - getting them next week will ease the squeak of my backside.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
All will be well. Plenty of games to get a few more points. I suspect that even two draws v Hudds and Palace will do us. And I reckon 40-42 points is still entirely achievable. :Albion:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In reality, I think we have enough to get over the line reasonably comfortably, though I’m not convinced by those saying that 34 points is already enough.

However, I can easily construct a scenario where I am shitting it if we lose to Huddersfield:

Palace - well, it’s them; we’d have just lost 4 on the bounce and our confidence will be shot; Zaha.
Burnley - away; Dyche; we’d have just lost six on the bounce (Spurs after Palace)
Rest - top 6, innit.

Back to reality: I see no reason to forecast anything different to my season-opening forecast of 15/16th.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
No. I’ve said all season that there are 4 or 5 teams that are worse than us. Palace and Burnley are games we can get points from and still think we could pull a draw out of Man Utd with a good home performance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here