Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever won a competition?

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Day trip on Concorde flying around the Bay of Biscay. Included a trip to the flight deck and travelling at over Mach 2

Comp run by Barclays Bank in the 80s. The trip was 2nd prize with the first being a round the world trip

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Won the Withdean Wager or whatever it might have been called while we were at Priestfield. They would announce it after everyone had gone home but I had hung around to talk to someone. It was about 80 quid in pound coins.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
My dad won 1000 quid on Spot the Ball in the early 80s. He bought a VCR which was pretty rare. Think we had it about 15 years. Top loading one.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
A Camera at a recruitment fair from John Sisk - I was kinda hoping for a job! Also won a weekend at a health club in ashby de la zouche (sp) from men's health mag. Both mid 1990s

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Wasn't there something else you won !
A few things over the years...
A signed euro 92 England football squad football
£800 on a TalkSport breakfast show competition
I was one of the first 20 people to go on the King Alfred's waterslides in 1986
A brand new VHS of Empire Strikes Back when it was first released on video
A Sony PlayStation and monitor
Tickets to watch Steffi Graf
A Withdean Wager...twice!
A Whitney Houston cd!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Won a Clive Everton snooker book from a Pot Black competition.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Went to Stockholm recently and a word of warning: that money will probably only cover your drinks bill in restaurants. If you don't drink it will go a long way. Enjoy though, it sounds like an awesome trip.

Thanks. Going as a family, so the drinking will be low-key. Load up with a big breakfast at the hotel, quick bite for lunch, and blow out on decent evening meals, is the PLAN. :thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I once won an Argus competition - I think it was an anagram of Bognor Regis Town - and I won't 4 complimentary tickets to Bognor Regis Town, for any game(s) of my choice that season. I went once, with my mate, saw them win 1-0 with Johnny Crumplin scoring the only goal. I didn't use the other two tickets.

Oh, and I won a Connect 4 competition played out in the window of the Gamleys in Churchill Square in about 1982.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
won a ticket to the first merseyside fa cup final in 1986.
Great atmosphere,average game.
The whole occasion was a bit nuts,saw 100`s without tickets getting in just at my gate in the few minutes i was there, was replicated all around the ground.
Must have been 120,000 unofficially in Wembley that day with all the ticketless.
Most packed and squashed ive ever felt at wembley and not an ounce of trouble with both sets quite mixed.

Surely more The Sun fiction?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A friend of mine still does that - she will enter every competition she will find and wins ridiculous amount of things such cars and big holidays, including a trip to the last World Cup in Brazil.

The last prize I recall her winning was a years supply of Branston.

Blimey, what a pickle!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I won £7,000+ on the Lottery a few years ago, the last number out was 24 and I had 27, that would've topped it up to around £3m!

Won the top prize, a basket of groceries at Horsham FC (Queen St) around 1970

and a swimming race for Dad's a Pontin's, entered the water and absolutely canned it, looked back at the other 7 Dad's whom all had utter bewilderment on their faces .... I'm not competitive you know!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I won a weekend for 2 on a champagne tour in France with £200 spending money thrown in. We had a cracking time.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Won mate in a state few years back, I won a TV, dvd player and dvd, all thanks to my mate being in a state funnily enough
1889e7faf89f893469babe54a3417425.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I won a Mira mixer shower at a plumbing exhibition in London.

Also won a 5 day trip to Denmark in a comp in a trade magazine. Stayed at a really nice hotel and all food and drinks were included.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
A frame of snooker against Ronnie O'Sullivan courtesy of 888 / NOTW (RIP) a good few years ago when he was a decent player......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here