Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show C5

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Questions raised by this show:

1 Why is dipstick George Riley wearing a mens toilet emblem on his rather hideous jacket?

2 Is Lynsey Hipgrave gorgeous or rather strange looking, stark & sepulchral?

3 Does Adam Virgo steal his suits from the homes of smaller men?

?

Re 1, men United. Gone right off George, used to like him on radio, since this c5 gigg, gone right downhill

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Like that's a bad thing.....
Leggy birds are harder to chuck around without one or the other of you ending up injured/in an awkward situation. It's not a bad thing, just involves more likelihood of foot/face collision etc. [emoji1]

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
(3) Mr. Virgo definitely needs bigger suits.
And Lee Hendrie's cheekbones seem bloody high! ???
And typical Championship highlights show, last on and 20 seconds! :glare:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Is Adam Virgo sponsored by Piglets Pantry?

Jesus, he's put on some pounds.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
First time I've ever bothered to sit through a whole episode of this show.
Something i found strange anout the pundits was that quite often, what they were saying didn't actually make sense. Like they would try and form a coherent sentance but then just throw some random unconnected words into it meaning that if you actually listened to what they said, it made no sense. Jermain Jenas also does this on BBC quite often.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
34 year old Ricky Lambert is on a three year contract at Cardiff with (alleged) wages of £32k a week, he's scored 4 goals in his last 64 games. On 12k gates, his contract is the equivalent of a years ticket money.

Good luck Cardiff.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Portman Road looked empty too, and they were playing Villa (which should be a popular fixture), Perhaps folk are being priced out of football?

I bought an excellent football book the other day called 'And The Sun Shines Now' explaining how much football has changed. From the grim eighties (Hillsborough covered and things printed that they couldn't print before the unlawful killing verdict) through to the Premier League revolution in the nineties. It goes on to shed light on why season ticket holders are so old in this country compared to Germany, basically because everyone here needs a decent income.

At times moving, shocking, humorous but always honest, if you buy just one book - or maybe for Christmas - make it this one because it's up there with the very best.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
First time I've ever bothered to sit through a whole episode of this show.
Something i found strange anout the pundits was that quite often, what they were saying didn't actually make sense. Like they would try and form a coherent sentance but then just throw some random unconnected words into it meaning that if you actually listened to what they said, it made no sense. Jermain Jenas also does this on BBC quite often.

Jenas did that during Euro 2016.

Alan Shearer, Slave Bilic, Lee Dixon and Ian Wright cut to the chase and speak with passion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here