Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is the longest you have walked in one go?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
West stand upper to Falmer station, feels like about 20 miles.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
25 miles, Lewes to Beachy Head for Albion in the Community. Those last few miles over the Seven Sisters, boy did they save the best till last...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
30 odd miles in Surrey, around Leith Hill, Friday Street, Holmbury St. Mary etc.
That was many years ago as a 16 year old.
Oh, to be able to walk around Tesco's these days, without needing a sit down!:(::nono:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I walk around 5 miles most days but have never walked more than 20 in one. I don't enjoy walking when really tired.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Many many years ago, our school, Ringmer comp, used to organise an overnight walk for the 4th and 5th years. It would take you on a set route with various checkpoints and refreshments and would be around 32 Miles. Did that twice.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Oh, great. Another new poster that drops a question and leaves the thread. Is that you Bozza? Or are the replies being harvested for nefarious purposes?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In my life, 75 miles in Wales including climbing Tryfin. Recently, 23 miles from Falmer to Eastbourne. Planning a hundred miler for next year .
At least once a week I'll do about 7 miles along the Adur, up to Mill Hill, along towards the Dyke or variants of that walk.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I have no official stats, but I'd say 'Bluewater - clothes shopping with my wife' has to be up there (includes numerous return visits to same shops)!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Longest walk was probably about 9 miles. I've run 15 miles though. Does that count?

Always fancied doing the 100km Oxfam Trailwalker challenge across the South Downs though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've also done Palace Pier to Worthing Pier a couple of times, 11 miles. Great walk, except for the Portslade to Shoreham industrial estate bit. Fine once thats out of the way though. Headphones in, podcasts on, 2.5 hours worth of ME time. Lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here