Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
Hi all

Training with us apparently, is he any good?

Unlucky with your first game btw, you looked good in spells, think you have enough quality to stay up and push on to mid table and beyond!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Solid Championship player, big unit but hasn't got the passing range or first touch to ever be a top player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Had a cracking season in a certain formation / role as the holding midfielder but struggled in a 4-4-2. Big lad, looks a bit like bambi on the ball but that is just his style. Was a defender at Chelsea but Poyet / Garcia rated him as a midfielder.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If played in front of the back four to win the ball then give it to somebody else to make the pass he will be ok other than that he will struggle in The Champion ship. For a man of 6ft 5in he is very poor in the air and has no direction with his headers but he will win tackles on the ground. IMHO more suited to a League One side, as I have said many times ideally somebody like Portsmouth.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think we have progressed beyond his ability. He looked a decent young player with potential a few years ago but not being in the first team picture has halted his progression. Needs game time to get back on track, but mid table Championship is probably about his limit. He doesnt really have the composure on the ball & passing range to go beyond that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Model professional. Superb attitude. Huge player but limited ability. Shame it hasn't worked out for him

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's never look 'right' but somehow nearly always manages to be pull it off.
I always really liked him and enjoyed his unpredictability.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Hi all

Training with us apparently, is he any good?

Unlucky with your first game btw, you looked good in spells, think you have enough quality to stay up and push on to mid table and beyond!

If played in front of the back four to win the ball then give it to somebody else to make the pass he will be ok other than that he will struggle in The Champion ship. For a man of 6ft 5in he is very poor in the air and has no direction with his headers but he will win tackles on the ground. IMHO more suited to a League One side, as I have said many times ideally somebody like Portsmouth.

Ignore this guy [MENTION=34886]BristolCity fan[/MENTION] he HATES Rohan Ince.

Most of what he says is absolute garbage - Ince is far too good for League One. In 9 Swindon home games last season, he was voted MOTM in 8. He has the power to absolutely dominate weak midfields, and has the engine to get up the pitch, if the role given to him allows.

IMG_0023.PNG

One point where BG is right is that the lad isn't brilliant in the air. Not terrible as suggested - just not AS good as you'd expect for a giant.

Also the scorer of one of the greatest Brighton goals of all time.

Good luck to the lad

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Get it right I do not hate him just cannot see what people rave over him about as he has very limited ability to play at Championship level. As you said in 9 games at Swindon he was MOM in 8 what div were they in? I rest my case. Top end of League One club would be his best loan.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great player, was in Chelsea's academy system for years. After we signed him he quickly progressed into our first team. Played a lot of games for us.

He is young and is still developing, needs a good run and a system that plays to his strengths, wins the ball and doesn't ur from a challenge.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
When he was a regular in the side he was great, but when he became a bit-part, late-in-the-game sub-type player, he struggled and made some glaring mistakes, including a sloppy backpass that led to a late Derby equaliser in the season we missed out on promotion on goal difference. I'm sure there's a very good player in there, one I imagine thrives on confidence and support

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Get it right I do not hate him just cannot see what people rave over him about as he has very limited ability to play at Championship level. As you said in 9 games at Swindon he was MOM in 8 what div were they in? I rest my case.

If you play nine games in a division, and you are the best player on the pitch in EIGHT of them, do you think that shows that:

a. That is your level.

b. You are far too good for that level.

Think before answering.

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
Cracker of a goal, and tbf anybody who scores v swindon is in my good books ��

Sounds like we can do better than him though, we need a battler in midfield.

Is Sam Baldock going to be in your plans this season btw? We need a championship experienced striker ��

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

He played 14 games in L1 for Swindon and was their MOTM 8 times. He's way too good for L1.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here