Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Radio Two and Simon Mayo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's a tit. As long as he's not let onto radio 6, no problem.

Mayo celebrated his 60th birthday, last week.
His nearest demographic now is Radio Haywards Heath:-

"Hello caller"
"I just felt the need to correct you on something you said"
"Oh it's you again".

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Mayo with Kermode is a fine pairing on Radio 5 , Friday afternoons .
I have had an antipathy towards Radio 2 since I was a spotty youth ( apart from Saturday afternoon football coverage ) , as it was always music for your parents.
And now , as I'm closer to 60 than 50 , I find no reason to modify this opinion.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
... and while we’re at it, can they swap Dermot O’Leary round with Tony Blackburn? 6.00 am on a saturday is too early for me, and that Dermot guy is OK on TV but a total shambles on radio.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I like listening to Simon Mayo a lot. I like listening to Jo Whiley a lot.

Together its horrendous. Perhaps the only equal-billing double act that has worked on the main music radio stations was Lamacq and Whiley, ironically, but even so I'm surprised Mayo agreed to do it in the first place

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It is Jo Wiley's fault, talentless nonentity that she is. Risen without trace due to the BBC's ridiculous pandering to gender politics. And don't get me started on Zoe Ball...

I would love to get started on Zoe Ball!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Sun in two minds
The 69-year-old's popular drivetime show underwent a dramatic shift earlier this year that failed to impress listeners and may be the reason Simon himself could be forced to Quit. Here's the lowdown..

The 60-year-old also co-hosts Kermode and Mayo's Film Review on BBC Radio 5 Live.

THE SOUND OF SIMON How old is Simon Mayo, who’s his wife, what’s the Kermode and Mayo podcast and why has he quit Radio 2?

The 69-year-old's popular drivetime show underwent a dramatic shift earlier this year that failed to impress listeners and may be the reason Simon himself could be forced to Quit.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...ayo-wife-kermode-mayo-podcast-show-host-quit/

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mayo celebrated his 60th birthday, last week.
His nearest demographic now is Radio Haywards Heath:-

"Hello caller"
"I just felt the need to correct you on something you said"
"Oh it's you again".

:O:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Commode and Mayonnais is top radio

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that is wrong and demeaning to females that a company like the BBC says they need to address the difference the numbers of male and female employees in such positions . The best person for the job should be given it irrespective of gender and get the wage that rhe job demands not to just please a section of antagonists be they male or female.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
By the way, I am not suggesting that Mayo was John Peel like figure, just the best of a bad bunch that had a listenable Drivetime show.

Whiley is simply not listenable to under any circumstances. Not because she is female, but because she is shit at her job.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Mayo with Kermode is a fine pairing on Radio 5 , Friday afternoons .
I have had an antipathy towards Radio 2 since I was a spotty youth ( apart from Saturday afternoon football coverage ) , as it was always music for your parents.
And now , as I'm closer to 60 than 50 , I find no reason to modify this opinion.
Well played sir. [emoji106]

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Mayo’s days are numbered. All white males will be shunted off the media in due course.

Hopefully they’ll catch up with James O’Brien and Peston soon, there has to be some good aspects.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Really harsh on Mayo. Good broadcaster. I like Wiley but the combo just doesn't work. Mayo built a good show and is going to lose his BBC2 career because some nameless incompetent thought it was a good idea to partner them for political reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here