Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] New iPhones - 2018 edition

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In the interest of being objective I've just watched that. Its not just because it's Apple, all I can think when looking at the video is "what a pointless, fiddly, ugly looking bracelet".

Fannying about with tiny dials and a tiny screen for the sake of the the one second it takes to get your phone out of your pocket. I don't get it. The only extra thing you get is that you look like a tit while using/wearing it.

I get the smart watch thing for sport, if you do loads of running.... sort of. But what's the point of them aside from that? And he said the most expensive one was $900. [emoji23]

Don’t carry my phone whilst working or generally hear it ...ye of course it’s a luxury that in the not too distant future I won’t be able to afford but for now it is useful business and social wise. Not so sure about looking like a tit ..my current one looks like a black watch ..should I wear it round my chest? :moo:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
wearables.png

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Apple Churchill Square currently have some 44mm cellular watches in for reservation and pick-up. I'm tempted to pay the extra £100 just because of "want a new toy now".

Managed to get a sealed box XS Max 256GB from Ebay for £150 below retail price to replace my 6s+.

Enjoying the Face ID and Oled screen.

Did you pick up an XS?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Managed to get a sealed box XS Max 256GB from Ebay for £150 below retail price to replace my 6s+.

Enjoying the Face ID and Oled screen.

Did you pick up an XS?

No, I decided I didn't need a new phone for the second year running.

I am weakening though.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I was in the Brighton Apple store as my wife was replacing her 6 plus phone with the new Xs max. Quite an upgrade. Had a look at the watches, although never interested before, even though wife adores hers, thought the new watches were much more stylish. Not enough to persuade me to ditch my mechanical watches, but tempting. Maybe in a few years time.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
My XS Max and the missus RW's XS are both fine on cable and wireless charge. Battery life is much improved in both phones too. I no longer need to charge my phone during the day. Result.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Any Xs or Xs Max users suffering from charge-gate?

No but the iOS 12 update has crippled the battery life of my iPhone 7 plus and the new watchOS has done the same to my series 3 watch. It's not had an adverse effect on the iPad though.

I really like the look of the Xs Max but the contract prices are just getting stupid. I'm going to go for a sim only deal when my contract runs out later this year and stick with the 7 plus unless I can convince EE to give me a decent deal.

Did find one day that my XS hadn't charged overnight, but I've been having issues with an old cable so think that is more likely the cause.

Definitely much much better battery life than my iPhone 7, the XS is lasting a full day without any top-ups when in the car or at work.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
No but the iOS 12 update has crippled the battery life of my iPhone 7 plus and the new watchOS has done the same to my series 3 watch. It's not had an adverse effect on the iPad though.

I really like the look of the Xs Max but the contract prices are just getting stupid. I'm going to go for a sim only deal when my contract runs out later this year and stick with the 7 plus unless I can convince EE to give me a decent deal.

Apple upgrade program and sim only deal is what I do, still expensive, but apple care included and a new phone every 12 months, 0% phone lease effectively. Currently on o2 but they struggle in London to supply reliable 4G in SW1 and EC3 where I am based. I have to switch to 3G to get data.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here