Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The WC - I think I prefer it like this

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I agree, and when patriotism descends into nationalism, it can be a very ugly thing indeed.
christ almighty a thread about the world cup and the bedwetters are out in force already , the thing is , people like you will smile benignly at a show of national pride by anyone but england

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Most have no expectations and this is our worst squad ever probably....:glare:
It's ashame our 3 games fall on pretty gash days as a Friday or Saturday would've been awesome.

The World Cup has lost its zip but football as a whole has lost its way and been ruined by money so no surprise at all that people have lost interest.
Christ look how dire holland are now and no Italy which is sad....Brazil have been gash for ages and the only really good side is Germany.
The passion used to be ridiculously high but guess the world as a whole has become so intergrated that it's lost its uniqueness.

We England will without doubt struggle to get out of the group stage but that would be no shock:smile:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not allowed to fly the flag, deemed to be racist or nationalist by our 'liberal' snowflake society.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Who isn't allowed to fly the flag?

Apart from wind ups from parody accounts on Twitter fooling the gullible, I haven't seen one story of anybody being banned from flying an England flag for the World Cup.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Who isn't allowed to fly the flag?

Apart from wind ups from parody accounts on Twitter fooling the gullible, I haven't seen one story of anybody being banned from flying an England flag for the World Cup.

Police stopped me today. I had a St Georges cross that covered the entire front windscreen of my car and they told me to take it off because it was 'unsafe'

Can't do anything these days.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Russia v Saudi Arabia today , otherwise known as the homophobe derby :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Police stopped me today. I had a St Georges cross that covered the entire front windscreen of my car and they told me to take it off because it was 'unsafe'

Can't do anything these days.

Of course the flags arent banned , but the likes of you will sneer at any form of patriotism whatsoever.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I started thinking along similar lines over the weekend while driving here and there; that there are fewer plastic flags, that this Southgate fellow seems a very nice chap and also very good at his job, that the hoolie threat has been overstated and that this world cup month is going to be absolutely ruddy marvellous.

Unfortunately 'nice chaps' don't win things very often. Good at his job? Time will tell. I'm not convinced though.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It's ashame our 3 games fall on pretty gash days as a Friday or Saturday would've been awesome.

The World Cup has lost its zip but football as a whole has lost its way and been ruined by money so no surprise at all that people have lost interest.
Christ look how dire holland are now and no Italy which is sad....Brazil have been gash for ages and the only really good side is Germany.
The passion used to be ridiculously high but guess the world as a whole has become so intergrated that it's lost its uniqueness.

We England will without doubt struggle to get out of the group stage but that would be no shock:smile:

What? Germany are just off their worst run in years... and Brazil haven't lost in 20 games, having conceded something stupid like 5 goals and scored more than 2 a game.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Of course the flags arent banned , but the likes of you will sneer at any form of patriotism whatsoever.

I was taking the piss because there seems to be a multitude of people on Facebook and the like who seem to think the St Georges cross is banned. There are many things that are - The Saudi flag in your local Miller and Carter for one - but the flying of the Nations flag isn't one of them unless it seems you work for the Royal Mail and want one on your van. As for me, I've got 2 St Georges cross's out the front in plant pots which is mainly to annoy my Welsh neighbour and a cupboard load of St Georges plates for a BBQ next Sunday where we will hopefully stuff Panama and am very much looking forward to watching the Tunisia game on Monday and letting my lad stay up late till the final whistle. Just because 'the likes of me' take the piss out of people who believe that the Police will have you nicked in a St George's T-Shirt doesn't mean we are less patriotic than your average England fan luzzing bikes into the canal in Amsterdam.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

We England will without doubt struggle to get out of the group stage but that would be no shock[emoji2]
What a surprise, Mr I Hate Everything doesn't even like the World Cup. It must be truly horrible being you.

Meanwhile, in the real world, every football fan I know is BUZZING for this tournament.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here