Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Dale at fault for their goal, another sloppy pass

Nonsense.

Gross poor pass put Bong under pressure.
Bong took too long, so got charged down.
Dunk missed the last ditch tackle on Son.
Ryan came for the ball and failed to get there.

FOUR players to choose from, if you feel the need to throw blame about. None of them are Stephens.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nonsense.

FOUR players to choose from, if you feel the need to throw blame about. None of them are Stephens.
It all started from him!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I didn't get the impression during and after the match that Spurs played all that badly cf. Everton. They thought Aurier was a bit of a joke and were not very animated. Maybe they were in shock!? They did not care for the train service much. Mostly they wanted 3 points just like us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps its me but I thought that Lloris fumbled every shot or perhaps that is how he plays he takes the sting out of the shot and then collects it at the 2nd grab.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
yep, and just watched the replay on seagull player, and still looks out.
Edit: looking at another angle, it stayed in. Shame really. Just unfortunate. Rolled along the line, rather than over it.

I think it was the spin. The angle it went, and the angle of the camera, and the bounce all made it look out on first viewing. But when seen from the camera along the line it never went anywhere near going out. Just goes to prove the difficulties of 'all of the ball over all of the line' judgements. On that note - I also quite liked the way the ref took up at least 20 seconds of injury time at their last corner by jogging over to see if it was in the corner area or not (it was)!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nonsense.

Stephens passed to Gross I think, but you’d think 4 subsequent opportunities to not **** it up afterwards would be enough. Dunk was already on a yellow and Son was in the bix, so can understand why he didn’t go in with his usual directness but this was very much a ‘team calamity’. Really poor to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here