Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to drop Murray?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Do people really think ulloa looks any good? For me hes about the same as hemed. Lumbering , slow , waste of time. I hope we don't waste good money on him next season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I would think about dropping Murray but Ulloa didn't win a singe header when he came on.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Do people really think ulloa looks any good? For me hes about the same as hemed. Lumbering , slow , waste of time. I hope we don't waste good money on him next season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would say he is about the same skill level as GM but shows more effort/desire. Locadia offers something different but we need to change style to monopolise on that. No point in starting him without playing to his strengths. But given the other options are big and slow (and ineffective), something has to change at some point.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Murray was sub standard last week and bloody shit today. Not even sure he'd be on the bench if I was in charge.

His luck and flukes have run out, he's way way too slow and his sitting down to get free kicks seems to have failed as well. He did win a lot of flick on headers today but there was no one anywhere near getting to them.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Had his hair transplant and the skills have left his head, retire.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
I thought Murray played well, won everything & won a lot of free kicks. I was disappointed not to see the Locadia/Murray/Izzy combo that we saw at Leicester - I was impressed with it last week (despite the score)
Not saying that March wasn’t good but somehow the other combo is a little less predictable

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He's been off form, but I'm still not confident with the other options. Ulloa hasn't played enough to be up to speed to start the game, it doesn't feel like Locadia is ready to lead the line. Hemed hasn't played for so long it will take a while for him to come up to speed (and Murray was poor last week and Hemed would have had some confidence from his international goal, but not being trusted to come on and replace the underperforming Murray would have been a knock to his confidence) and Baldock is Baldock. Works hard, buzzes around, but hasn't shown goal scoring form.

I don't know if I'd drop Murray, but I certainly would take him off at half time if he continues to play the way has been for the last couple of games.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
have to start thinking of next season now, and Murray wont be a core part of those plans due to age. get Ulloa and Locadia more time and bring on Tilley.
oops and Hemed if he wants to carry on playing for us. Murray remains part of the team and probably pencil in a start for Burnley game where he'll do best.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Today’s game was all wrong for Murray and Gross. For once Hughton made the sub at a sensible time rather than wait until the last 10 minutes. However there is a strong argument for Locadia to have been the man to come on. Although Ulloa definitely looked more mobile than Murray. Important descision for Hughton to make next weekend.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
He needs a rest he could barely intercept passes to him, pass correctly or move fast enough for through balls , his last 3 performances have been dire, time to start Locadia and make it clear that his position is not guaranteed.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I thought he held the ball up ever so well ina midfield that we never had control of after we gifted them the goal. He had no service up front, so not a bad game

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bench him for Palace, too much baggage for this fixture. Put the fliers on up front to run at them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I love Ulloa but he was poor today, did not win one header and whilst Murray was not good we looked better with him on. The biggest issue I have was he was not in the box enough so really needed Locadia on to work near him.

So does Murray start against Palace , a big yes from me.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Drop our top goalscorer in a vital clash in which it's blatantly obvious he will score !

tumblr_nujlajzdPq1ugpsl8o1_400.gif

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Of course you don't drop Murray, he seems to have to do much more than any other player to convince people on here that he is worth his place.
He's still a much better option than Ulloa. I think I can see why he was nowhere near the 1st team at Leicester.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Latest scapegoat, the tactics were wrong today he was too isolated

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Why was Loccadia not an option today?

I agree Ulloa was no better but we were on the back foot and it only got worse. We'd arguably been better off taking Izky off for Kayal rather than gross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here