Gaetan Bong signs 2 year deal [Flair]

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

This is less outstanding :smile:

image.jpgimage.jpg

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Another solid signing in a position we haven't had a player for 3 years. I really don't know what people expect on here, I don't understand the moaning.

Who were people expecting us, a team that finished 20th last season, to sign for a left back? He is a left back who has now got a small bit of experience in the Championship and he was free. Imagine if we had splashed a few million on him, then him being a flop. It's not the most important position on the pitch, and we have someone who will do a job.

And the songs will be great!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Bong Left back Rosenior right back = Calde reserve left back & Bruno reserve right back (hopefully)

I think Calde will become the new OGH. A utility player who we can bring on no matter where we need a player and who will run themselves in to the ground for the club.

Didn't Hart play a run of games at RB one season? Maybe up front is next on the list for Calderon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. I'm just glad we've signed a Cameroon left- back who isn't Assou-Ekotto.
2. Surely this means Liam Rosenior gets the nickname 'BIng'?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've seen half a dozen tweets from mainly Wigan fans saying he's a good signing and was v good for them and about 3 Wigan fans saying he's gash so guess it will be a case of wait and see :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. I'm just glad we've signed a Cameroon left- back who isn't Assou-Ekotto.

Irrelevant, probably, but the words Assou-Ekotto always makes me think of a dessert in a decent restaurant. I'd probably choose the cheese though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Irrelevant, probably, but the words Assou-Ekotto always makes me think of a dessert in a decent restaurant. I'd probably choose the cheese though.

Even then you'd need to watch out for his cousin, Ossau-Iraty.

On topic: have to confess I'd never heard of him, so I've got nothing to add to the conversation about his relative merits. However, it's a good thing yo have our own LB again, and he does indeed look flair.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With Rosenior able to cover left back, does this mean the end of Chicksen's days at the albion ???

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ram-a-Lam, Bing Bong,
Ram-a-Lam, Gaeton Bong,
Ram-a-Lam-a-Lam-a-Lam-a-Lam-Bing Bong,
Cameroon international with amazing dreadlocks on!

:tumbleweed:

I'll get my coat............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here