• Start an email list (or similar) and post it there

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Just keep it to yourself, you big-headed "oh look at me, I'm ITK" tosser

Votes: 17 7.5%

• Total voters

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Its a board for opinions, by that nature you are going to have your critics. I would have thought that anyone who posted a rumour, would be open to criticism if that rumour turned out to be untrue or high praise if it turned out to be true.You take that chance when you post.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I voted to keep it to yourself because it's just gets f******* boring.

Just a question, and I'm not having a dig or anything, honestly curious, but why read the threads if you find info like that boring? if I see a subject that does not interest me, i just bypass it (sometimes I do look, only as a moderator, and a post may have been reported) in fairness to Bozza he normally makes the thread title very obvious as to what the subject matter is about.
As I say, just curious why anyone opens a thread on a subject that is not for them.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
By their very nature transfer stories can change very quickly, so not surprising this has happened here. Keep posting this stuff as surely this is part of what NSC is for for!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Haters gonna hate!

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I love the gossip and rumours. That's what I look forward to most after the season has ended. Much rather that than the endless political threads.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Half the fun of a messageboard like this is reading about rumours. I can't believe the grief some people are given for sharing info that they've heard.

We can all make up our minds about the reliability of the information based on the poster's history, and by asking questions and discussing the topic. But some people would rather bypass all that and just flame anyone who claims to have heard something.

As for this business about "attention seeking" ... how exactly does that work? In most cases we don't know each other's true identity because we hide behind silly pseudonyms.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd keep the rumours to yourself, you don't need the grief. **** 'em. 99% of us appreciate your information but I can see how the vocal minority can wear you down. Go for the easy life.

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Keep on doing as you are - after the season ends there's little or no news as it is so any snippet is gratefully received - unfortunately some people just love others to be wrong.
I'm mindful of the fact that footballers contracts don't normally end till June 30th so there's going to be little or no definite "news" till then anyway

el punal

1. Said player holding up an Albion shirt/kissing the badge.

2. Said player being photographed in the Grand Hotel with a current copy of the Sun.

3. Said player being interviewed by Sky Sports in the stadium car park saying " Brighton has always been my team since I was a boy, this is my spiritual home, I can't wait to play in Europe etc. etc.".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think YOU should change anything.

Some people just can't cope with the fact that someone knows more than they do.
Who is this person that knows more than me? Because despite not knowing a single thing about our transfer activity, I'm struggling to find anyone on here who knows more.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nothing else to talk about in the close season, so as long as the are 'genuine' rumours (i.e. not just completely made up) keep 'em coming.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Keep posting them cryptic style, I like that, it makes for some fun :)

Anyone with half a brain knows that even if it is a strong rumour, that transfers do collapse and information that is good one day may not be the next.

Putting stuff on here unless posted with picture evidence is never believed sadly !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I always pass on what I have been told in good faith, caveating where required.

Contrary to some opinion, I don't just make things up, nor do I pass on rumours from people I don't trust and/or have no known background.

However, it's clear that it riles some people and I'm well aware there is another group of people who are constantly looking for signs of failure in order to allow them to deliver a verbal kicking.

So, how should I deliver Albion rumour that I come across?

I don't have a problem with rumours when they are from decent sources - it's the utterly pathetic 'my mate's cousin's cleaner just saw x,y or z at the training ground' type rumours that annoy me. Those people should get a ban until the season starts. Your type of rumour - keep going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here