Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] February Half Term Family Holiday Destinations

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll still have access to the Internet. I will still provide updates

I think we need to draw up a service agreement here with some KPIs. I'm concerned you would not have your usual level of focus on what really is a key period for this task.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just looked at Florida - blimey - that's expensive.

We looked at Florida for Feb only a few weeks ago. Then flight prices literally doubled in the space of a week around late September. You can do Florida cheaply but you do have to plan for it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We looked at Florida for Feb only a few weeks ago. Then flight prices literally doubled in the space of a week around late September. You can do Florida cheaply but you do have to plan for it.

If you have to go in the school Summer holidays, then a direct economy fare will cost you around £1000 per person with Virgin or BA in August. If you're happy to be a bad parent and take your kids out of school in September you can get the same flights for £450 give or take. The same applies to the other school holidays too.

If you check frequently and are prepared to commit as soon as you see something, most Summers you could get indirect flights with one of the US carriers for c£500. Most have reasonable connections and you have the advantage of clearing immigration wherever you land, which makes for a swifter exit when you reach Orlando.

(Or do as I do, get a Virgin Atlantic black Amex (cost £150 per year) and put everything you buy on it. Shop at Tesco and convert all your clubcard vouchers to Virgin miles, but only when there is a bonus conversion on offer and you won't fly economy again. I've just booked Upper Class for 5 of us to Florida next Summer.)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you're all happy in the water snorkelling, then I'll echo other posters and say Sharm is a magical experience for a week. You probably won't need to leave your resort hotel if you have decent facilities and a nice bit of beach. The water is so warm you can snorkel for hours, and it is breathtaking.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You probably won't need to leave your resort hotel if you have decent facilities and a nice bit of beach.

With All Inclusive, which is what [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] wants, then you always have that slight nagging feeling that you're wasting money if you head off-resort when all your food and drink are 'free' if you stay put.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sicily @ Easter, inexpensive flights too Catania and just down the coast a little seems nice fairly warm....

Anyone else been to Sicily with kids in that area ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With All Inclusive, which is what [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] wants, then you always have that slight nagging feeling that you're wasting money if you head off-resort when all your food and drink are 'free' if you stay put.

We did some research, and the cost differential between All Inclusive and Hall or Full Board is so small as to make going AI the only logical choice. We're happy that on some days we'll not take full advantage of the full range of food / drink available, but I think it will make for a better holiday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here