Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Farewell Liam Rosenior (or is it?)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Rosenior has been great for us every time he has played. I don't know why he didn't get more starts. I wish him all the best with his future

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Remind me. What did Sidders do...?

It was arguable if it was intentional or not but we all celebrated it internally, some externally.

Reading were coming forward on the attack and JK had possession, sent it out wide and there was a coming together between them off the ball, as SS put him on the deck via an elbow. Looked a bit nasty, made it look accidental at least.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We can't take on every player that hangs up his boots. I get the sentimentality but the club will decide who they want to progress. Newly- retired players will likely be well down the pecking order but Liam won't be out of work for too long.

No sentimentality. LR has already been helping the youth team and Simon Rusk.
It may not be a coaching role, it could be a job with Albion in the Community. He's been doing work with them too.

He is the one saying It's not goodbye, it's see you soon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely love this guy. Right from minute 1, 3 seasons ago when he came in on the left wing v Forest he was neat and tidy. His attitude is the complete opposite of a stereotypical footballer. He’s given his absolute all and I just think he’s a credit! A family man, a great thinker and someone who always has the time for fans, youth teamers, charity etc etc....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was arguable if it was intentional or not but we all celebrated it internally, some externally.

Reading were coming forward on the attack and JK had possession, sent it out wide and there was a coming together between them off the ball, as SS put him on the deck via an elbow. Looked a bit nasty, made it look accidental at least.

Arguable ? LOL, he clumped him with his elbow as he went past. I suspect there was a “take that you ****’ as well

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Top man. One of the many players over the last few years that make us a special club. Wish bim all the best

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Completely different examples, AITC is a charity and FDM was working for them around his commitments to Crawley. Winchester are a part time club playing at around level 7 of the pyramid meaning that Butters has plenty of time for AITC too, his commitments to Winchester were much more likely to be evening training sessions etc.

Coaching at U23 or U18 level would require a totally different set of priorities to what Butters and FDM had in your example.

Not to mention game prep which probably clash/overlap.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Ah, wonderful. Good man. Textbook comradeship.

#Together

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Another great team player leaves :(

Thank you Liam!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Top man. One of the many players over the last few years that make us a special club. Wish bim all the best

This with bells on. I'm getting quite emotional over this. I hope he's phenomenally successful at whatever he does, and if he goes into management and he brings a team to the Amex, I shall applaud him until my hands fall off.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sidwell and Rosenior will get plenty of interest in the championship.

I would be staggered if either turned out at a lower standard next season

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
My favourite player of the past few seasons, even though he didn't get as much game time as we hoped, absolute class on and off the pitch. Had the pleasure of a brief chat with him the day after the MK Dons away game when he was waiting for his wife and kids at Brighton Marina Cineworld and he was every bit as much of a gent as his public persona suggests. Will be sorely missed around the place along with Sidwell and would love to see him back as part of the club one day.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
He may have changed his mind since, of course, but he did say 18 months ago that Brighton was going to be his last club as a player, and that he wanted to go straight into coaching.

If he is sticking to his own life plan, he has now hung up his boots.

Yes, but at that point he probably hadn't read BG's thoughts on the matter.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Iz football as someone once said, it has to come to an end sometime.
I hope he goes into coaching and I hope it's with us, if not then media, I feel he would be better than most who are on the TV at the moment, but there are lots of them.
Maybe he will play for a lower league side.
But, I always feel a tinge of sadness when players like Liam have to leave, I always want them to stay with the club in one form or another, if it was me at the helm instead of Tony Bloom we would have about 30 coaches.
Players and people like Liam are few and far between, we have been blessed with quite a few over the recent years, Bruno will be another.
Was thinking the same myself.

I can only think of three to retain from their playing days... Caldo, Bruno and Liam.
And possibly plus Sidwell. Four - or even three - that's a lot of senior coaches!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here