Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bregret on the rise, opinion only going in one direction

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ncreasingly-against-brexit-re-leavers-u-turn/

When push comes to shove most people don't want to become poorer.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

liar.jpg

From the same YouGov poll

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'll take that as "before".

So 4 million+ unemployed young people in the EU is perfectly alright as long as your family is ok,is it?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bregret on the rise, opinion only going in one direction

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ncreasingly-against-brexit-re-leavers-u-turn/

When push comes to shove most people don't want to become poorer.
It's not about being poorer it's about having full control of our destiny.
Now we have been in the EU for decades and slowly but surely people have become poorer and poorer and problems are rife throughout the country and you could say it's got worse as the EU have got hungrier and hungrier.
I voted out and if I become poorer then I'll be very happy with that because in my book the whole country's problems are finally coming to roost.If we don't get out soon things will become even more ridiculous as over population is a key factor to most problems and immigration that is excessive needs to be halted asap as it's their to feed big business and they want more and more.
You could let in 10 million immigrants on good salaries and this country would still have austerity cuts....the money doesn't stay in this country that's why.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
nibble.jpg

If you don't think the EU youth unemployment figures are a train-wreck,and resort to name-calling,then you must be condoning those figures.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
"You smoked heavily. You missed out on university. You didn't take foreign holidays. You didn't have a car. You had a job in a factory. And you were likely to die at 68.

It sounds like a pretty grim picture nowadays, but hold on a minute. That was probably you – at least if you were a man – 40 years ago."

Whilst a few on here hark about the good olds days those who get the world has moved, or those young enough, know that we are miles better off now than before. Some want to be poorer and hope that that we could pretend the world hasn't moved on, but, well, it has

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
"You smoked heavily. You missed out on university. You didn't take foreign holidays. You didn't have a car. You had a job in a factory. And you were likely to die at 68.

It sounds like a pretty grim picture nowadays, but hold on a minute. That was probably you – at least if you were a man – 40 years ago."

Whilst a few on here hark about the good olds days those who get the world has moved, or those young enough, know that we are miles better off now than before. Some want to be poorer and hope that that we could pretend the world hasn't moved on, but, well, it has

Isn't that because of advances in medical care ??. If you go back 150yrs being 40 was considered ancient

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

If you think we'll have full control, you're in cloud cuckoo land. Any trade with the EU will have to be on their terms - so all those rules & regs that Brexieers apparently hate will still have to apply. We will need to negotiate new trade deals with virtually the whole of the rest of the world, and the terms that will apply will definitely NOT be favourable for us. Every other country will see the desperately weak position we are in, and turn the screw appropriately. We are a minnow - all that cr*p about being the 5th largest economy is all very well when you have bargaining power. Once we're out of the EU we will have very little. We have a faltering economy, which will be decimated post-Brexit.

And any control we will have will be wielded by the likes of BJ, Rees-Mogg and the Oxbridge elite. They couldn't give a monkeys about democracy or the average citizen of the UK - as amply illustrated by the attempts to subvert Parliament since the EU Referendum.

Any problems that we have now will be increased massively post-Brexit. Young, well-educated EU nationals (who make a substantial contribution to our economy) will leave (they already are). Key industries that generate huge amounts of tax revenues (financial services, aviation, car manufacturing, food processing, etc) will relocate. Our ageing population will create ever-increasing burdens on the NHS and social services. The future, post-Brexit, is exceptionally bleak - and even the champions of Vote Leave now concede that the economy will be significantly weaker for the next 20 to 30 years.

If you doubt any of this, then ask yourself why the government is desperate not to release the Brexit impact studies. If there was any good news in Brexit they would be trumpeting it to all and sundry.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Now we have been in the EU for decades and slowly but surely people have become poorer and poorer and problems are rife throughout the country and you could say it's got worse as the EU have got hungrier and hungrier.
I voted out and if I become poorer then I'll be very happy with that because in my book the whole country's problems are finally coming to roost.If we don't get out soon things will become even more ridiculous as over population is a key factor to most problems and immigration that is excessive needs to be halted asap as it's their to feed big business and they want more and more.
You could let in 10 million immigrants on good salaries and this country would still have austerity cuts....the money doesn't stay in this country that's why.

But you won't have any more control over your destiny, we will be even more so dictated to by big business, a third of business in the UK is foreign owned, they do not care where their business is based, so long as the location is advantageous, what will we do to make ourselves look a better place to be than an EU member state?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
That was sort of my point, I am not saying Davies was wrong.

This is a prime example of why this thread has lost its way and why you and your pals are so often called Remoaners, you agreed with [MENTION=617]Jim D[/MENTION] when he said that David Davis was 'absolutely correct in what he said', but your original post on David Davis on this exact point came out as 'If anybody watched the Brexit committee meeting with Davies you would have seen that he knew the sum of f**k all and as usual resorted to quips and laughing, embarrassing is putting it lightly'.

If this is your response to the UK's chief negotiator when you accept he is 'absolutely correct' then what's the point of the discussion, why not back off and accept that the negotiations are to leave the EU rather than stay in it ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This is a prime example of why this thread has lost its way and why you and your pals are so often called Remoaners, you agreed with [MENTION=617]Jim D[/MENTION] when he said that David Davis was 'absolutely correct in what he said', but your original post on David Davis on this exact point came out as 'If anybody watched the Brexit committee meeting with Davies you would have seen that he knew the sum of f**k all and as usual resorted to quips and laughing, embarrassing is putting it lightly'.

If this is your response to the UK's chief negotiator when you accept he is 'absolutely correct' then what's the point of the discussion, why not back off and accept that the negotiations are to leave the EU rather than stay in it ?

Because in actual fairness to Davies he isn't a 100% Miss Marple Britain ideologue Brexiteer like you. As misguided as he is, he doesn't want to *** over ordinary other people like me, he's just duty bound to......................

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Lost it's way? This thread became an embarrassment in the first few months after the result. Undemocratic loons/bedwetters/far left apologists and wind up merchants spouting ill informed drivel while chastising others for daring to have a differnt opinion. :rolleyes:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Lost it's way? This thread became an embarrassment in the first few months after the result. Undemocratic loons/bedwetters/far left apologists and wind up merchants spouting ill informed drivel while chastising others for daring to have a differnt opinion. :rolleyes:

and Pro-Brexit Tory's from Sussex like you - the very worst of this country.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
and Pro-Brexit Tory's from Sussex like you - the very worst of this country.

For very worst see - people who were supporters/apologists for terrorists who killed our soldiers and fellow citizen's ... men, women and children. No amount of simplistic solutions to solve poverty or inequality .. or drink can alter this truth.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
For very worst see - people who were supporters/apologists for terrorists who killed our soldiers and fellow citizen's ... men, women and children. No amount of simplistic solutions to solve poverty or inequality .. or drink can alter this truth.

Ordinary people like my mother and father who actually served this country and were born into the the poverty that was this country that was WW2. I know.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ordinary people like my mother and father who actually served this country and were born into the the poverty that was this country that was WW2. I know.

Is that the best you can do for coming up with a piss poor excuse for supporting terrorist sympathisers/apologists? :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Is that the best you can do for coming up with a piss poor excuse for supporting terrorist sympathisers/apologists? :lolol:

Not really. Call my Mother a sympathiser. She was an NHS midwife. She'd put a public schoolboy like you into.........well.....back...........into the The NHS.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not really. Call my Mother a sympathiser. She was an NHS midwife. She'd put a public schoolboy like you into.........well.....back...........into the The NHS.

Don't hide behind Mummy BoS .. stand up for your own incoherent, student politics, prejudiced, delusional beliefs.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Ha, classic nonsense, trying to belittle others who have a different opinion from yourself. D-

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here