Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Pretty disappointing to see Albion fans trying to "justify" cheating by an Albion player.
I don't condone the dive. But, my instinctive reaction watching it live from WSU was that he overran the ball and ran out of gas, throwing himself to the ground as much in frustration as in a desire to cheat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't condone the dive. But, my instinctive reaction watching it live from WSU was that he overran the ball and ran out of gas, throwing himself to the ground as much in frustration as in a desire to cheat.

From my WSU vantage point he thought a leg was coming and was going to go over it. Looked a dive all day long.

He had put a terrific shift in and was undoubtedly knackered, but it looked to me as though he took a dive.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A wonderful defensive display today by Solly. After his strong performance, I wonder whether we may have inadvertently found a cracking new full back? Thoughts?

Perhaps the reason why we never saw the Columbian for the last 15 mins..a lot of their attacks were coming down that side but handled well by him and Suttner

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

If we play by boss upps rules let's just get relegated

D1AX

Jun 20, 2013
You sir, are an idiot! Coquelin smashed his hamstring and went to ground. Stretchered off I believe.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A wonderful defensive display today by Solly. After his strong performance, I wonder whether we may have inadvertently found a cracking new full back? Thoughts?

I thought that. Terry Cooper began as a winger ...

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Not only Solly, but saw Knocky chase back and across on more than one occasion today. No sulking today. Everyone gave 100%

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
How is it Solly seems to be able to run back defensively twice as fast as when goes forward...

Clearly has the pace, want to see him beat the full back more still.

Very good all round display from him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It was a dive plain and simple. Yes he was knackered and should have come off with about 10 to go.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Crossing was very hit and miss, but as you say he was cracking defensively.

It was a bit hit and miss but what a hit when he made the cross for the opening goal. He really didn't appear to have the right to get any sort of cross in yet he managed to find something deep that completely floated by their last man. So pleased to see him starting and scaring defenders.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was a bit hit and miss but what a hit when he made the cross for the opening goal. He really didn't appear to have the right to get any sort of cross in yet he managed to find something deep that completely floated by their last man. So pleased to see him starting and scaring defenders.

It was a good cross but some earlier efforts were a bit rushed. However, I agree that it's good to see him scaring defenders so makes you wonder why some fans would like to see him as a full back!!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Serious case of Brighton-colour spectacles there, it was a terrible dive.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Solly March made a silly decision. Solly March is young, Solly March is a star being formed. OUR star. Fantastic player but deserved the yellow.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here