Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping the opposition off the pitch.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They were clapped off because they'd achieved there aim of staying up.(against a Permier bound side)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree with Buzzer. Cringeworthy shit that adds nothing to the atmosphere if we are to loving to away fans,

Another thing that pissed me today was some plank was selling champions 2017 scarfs before the game.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Can we please not do that again? It right royally wound me up more than the performance on the pitch today. You'll be pleased to know that I stuck true to my beliefs and flicked Vs at them and called them all names.

Seriously though...why do that?

Funnily enough I totally disagree with you, today specific. Today had nothing to do with Bristol, apart from a goal diff thing. They came, had a go, and annoyingly beat us. Against an early backdrop of noise, visuals and expectation. Their win does us no real harm so :shrug:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sometimes people need to realise that football is a sport and whilst we all love our team we also have a common bond in that we all love football

It doesn't mean we have to love another team or every team that plays at the Amex :ffsparr:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No other clubs' fans do this and we've never ever done it before and I've seen hundreds of games where Brighton got played of the park by a better opposition. It's just so needy and right-on. By all means have a drink after with them and have a civilised debate about who are the nicer fans but what's wrong with just for those 90 minutes abusing the other team and fans as our forefathers did?

Let's not pretend that it's something we have done before because we're better fans. We're not. We're just more needy.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I don't think this should be perceived as a sign of weakness or whatever some may feel it represents. There's nothing wrong with feeling pissed off with the result and also being respectful at the same time.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I must have missed the memo where I had to be respectful of other teams. It's football, not a debating chamber. It's about schadenfreude, irrational grievances, celebrating flukey goals, ripping the p*ss out of their star players and moaning at the ref when he sends off one of our players for pole-axing a winger. Maybe I'm a dinosaur but outside of racism, homophobia and suchlike everything else is fair game whilst their team is on the pitch. These are some of the reasons why I love it so much.

I truly despair at times that some of our fans are so desperate to appear "nice" and "different" that it will make me dislike going to watch Brighton. Yes, we've got a unique history but, for me anyway, it was about the right to watch my local team as equals in the same way that other fans can do with their local clubs.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can we please not do that again? It right royally wound me up more than the performance on the pitch today. You'll be pleased to know that I stuck true to my beliefs and flicked Vs at them and called them all names.

Seriously though...why do that?

Oh seriously, do one, you sad individual. I didn't clap but I cannot see one point why someone would start a thread regarding this. I'm really pleased for you abusing them off the pitch, it must have made your experience of the Amex that much better. And, AND, then you share it with like minded imbeciles when you get home. Life, four letter word, get one. I think I would vote this thread as idiot of the year. Other than that I hope you enjoyed your day.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
They played well, earned respect, played for their survival and won it.

Fair play to them.

It takes a big man to flick a V at someone, but it takes a bigger man to acknowledge an opponents accomplishment while at the same time reeling from your own failure.

We did it because we have class.

Well some of us anyway.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I must have missed the memo where I had to be respectful of other teams. It's football, not a debating chamber. It's about schadenfreude, irrational grievances, celebrating flukey goals, ripping the p*ss out of their star players and moaning at the ref when he sends off one of our players for pole-axing a winger. Maybe I'm a dinosaur but outside of racism, homophobia and suchlike everything else is fair game whilst their team is on the pitch. These are some of the reasons why I love it so much.

I truly despair at times that some of our fans are so desperate to appear "nice" and "different" that it will make me dislike going to watch Brighton. Yes, we've got a unique history but, for me anyway, it was about the right to watch my local team as equals in the same way that other fans can do with their local clubs.

Wasting your time. See you at Palace next season. Won't be a plastic clapper in sight.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh seriously, do one, you sad individual. I didn't clap but I cannot see one point why someone would start a thread regarding this. I'm really pleased for you abusing them off the pitch, it must have made your experience of the Amex that much better. And, AND, then you share it with like minded imbeciles when you get home. Life, four letter word, get one. I think I would vote this thread as idiot of the year. Other than that I hope you enjoyed your day.

Tell you what, why don't you get off your high horse for a minute here because I don't recall a single comment from you when Brighton fans have abused opposition players or fans in the past when we've lost. Brighton fans abusing the opposition is pretty much every experience we've ever had at the Amex so you can take your moralising and your pretending that it's now somehow the norm and you can shove it up your arse, you pompous shitpuffin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here