Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Bristol City *** Official Match Thread ***

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I blame Dick Head for this.
The players must have seen the "Monday" gaff and didn't bother turning up today.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would have been PERFECT to lift the trophy today.

Villa is no longer a friendly, let's win it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This bottling of the title will linger like a bad smell and affect us in the premier league next season. I can really see us going straight back down on today's evidence.

Give over! Why are you basing next seasons performance on one games performance? And not the preceding 44 which have seen us promoted and sitting top of the league with a game to go?

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
A proper exciting cup final type end to an already Premier league promotion season. It's almost set up to be more nail bitingly brilliant because we never do things the easy way. A one off game to win a bit of silver --- Ok bring it on!!!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Bugger.

I thought that might have happened, Brighton never do it the easy way.

On to Villa, then.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've just found a sure fire way to sober up:albion2:
Bleedin' annoying that their pretty good young manager didn't just capitulate as he should have done. Good practice for next season though:lolol:

I think the players are still hung over from our promotion. It's upsetting that we didn't win the title today, but if you'd have told me that we'd have already been promoted with one game to play and a point ahead of Newcastle, I'd have bitten your hand off.
Let's get this in perspective. The main goal was to get promotion, not win the title. If we do, brilliant, but if we don't, it's still been a fantastic season!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Quoting CH
Players rarely get to win a trophy in their careers.

Surely it should mean a lot for the players?

Very low key show.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the players are still hung over from our promotion. It's upsetting that we didn't win the title today, but if you'd have told me that we'd have already been promoted with one game to play and a point ahead of Newcastle, I'd have bitten your hand off.
Let's get this in perspective. The main goal was to get promotion, not win the title. If we do, brilliant, but if we don't, it's still been a fantastic season!

Since we clinched promotion, the main goal was to win the title.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Of course it'll be a fantastic season...

But it could also be the season when we were SEVEN points clear with three games to go and f*cked it up...

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I think football is scripted by Sky.

They wanted this to go down to the final day so badly.

FFS It's arrogance at it's finest when you prepare everything for the trophy presentation before it's won.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
zlOBS8a.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here