Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rampion Wind Farm

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
8 miles? I thought it was 2 (& was considering paddling out to it - if it was)

it's 2 honest,we will come with our youtube cameras in a show of support on your voyage..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I accept wind turbines but the do look awful,why white?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
They'll be the very same people who also campaign to eliminate Nuclear Power, Fracking, Coal power pollution, estuary tidal barrage generation and land based wind farms...... make of that what you will.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The opponents of those diverse forms of energy generation have an equally diverse demography; very much not the same people.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I hate them, for me the view to sea is fanastical, imagining what's beyond the horizon, I used to like wandering across to SBS beach and relaxing for 30 mins just gazing out - The turbines put an end to that, just a personal view of course....

Seems to me the only view you get from Shoreham Beach these days is of Wind Surfers

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Probably so they can be seen by shipping.

Yeas I do know they are the same colour on land - probably to make them visible.

Did not consider that,i suppose best keep them white.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My hate of their progress is the white scar they have left across the South Downs where they have buried their cable without any sign of making good.

Which will be grassed over within twelve months

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
As much as I love the amex how anyone can say it enhances the downland will have to explain that hypothesis
On a much bigger scale it's the same way a trellis, a path and a nice water feature can enhance a garden. Most people (again not all) would think that having an overgrown bit of scrub outside their back door wouldn't look as nice as having a well-tended garden. On the stadium site if there were no buildings there it would just be a field, the same as countless others. My view is that the sympathetic design of the stadium enhances the surrounding downland: the setting makes the stadium look good and the stadium makes the surrounding downland look good. This is especially noticeable from a distance when you can really appreciate the curves. I wouldn't feel the same if it were an IKEA, or even a box-type stadium.

To stress, that's just my view, hopefully that's explained my hypothesis. Others I know think any building automatically detracts from the natural environment.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Pleased to see this. Will get up a lot quicker than the renewal of, e.g., Hinkley Point. Will also reduce our reliance on Putin's profligate gas. Renewables are producing a lot more of the energy mix than many credit.

What %? I'd be interested to know. Is it on the increase as a %?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What %? I'd be interested to know. Is it on the increase as a %?

See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_the_United_Kingdom

Portugal managed to produce 100% of their energy from renewables for a period of late.
Renewables are no longer a new technology, and are perhaps entering their teenage years (to continue the analogy), but they've made great strides and I suspect they'll continue to do so. What's key is what the political will is looking into the future. Fortunately on that front, the MP that I'm going to put an X by on my forthcoming ballot paper is right behind renewables, although I do recognise that others are not in that situation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here