Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch Invasion - The Sequel

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I always think a pitch invasion away from home is a bit disrespectful. I was surprised when we did it at Walsall (although obviously loved it). Depending on the circumstances, next week could be acceptable though. Definitely if we win the Championship that game, perhaps not if we've already won it.

They should award the trophy before the game, or better still, in the press box afterwards with everyone on the pitch. Trophies awarded in the stand are always better than doing it on the pitch anyway. You don't lift the FA Cup on the pitch, do you?

Whatever happens, it needs to be all or nothing. A mass pitch invasion like last week, or everyone stay in the stands.

Thinking about it, the biggest factor in all this is the kick off time. 5.30 kick off equals 4-5 more pints, meaning any sense of decorum goes out the window.

ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My guess is that people will go on again after the Bristol game but not in big numbers and the family parade thing (hopefully plus trophy) will happen with everyone in the stands

This. Bristol game's all about the players: the traditional last home game of the season lap of the pitch by the players, the management, and their their kids, hopefully preceded by presentation of the championes trophy in the centre of the pitch. Any prolonged pitch invasion would just detract from those good things, or maybe cause them to be cancelled altogether. Which would be more than a bit rubbish.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
This. Bristol game's all about the players: the traditional last home game of the season lap of the pitch by the players, the management, and their their kids, hopefully preceded by presentation of the championes trophy in the centre of the pitch. Any prolonged pitch invasion would just detract from those good things, or maybe cause them to be cancelled altogether. Which would be more than a bit rubbish.

I'm trying to think of a time in the history of English football when a trophy presentaion has been cancelled due to a celebratory pitch invasion. It quite clearly wouldn't happen. An announcement saying "We now need to present the trophy, please clear the pitch" would have everyone scarpering off pretty quickly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm trying to think of a time in the history of English football when a trophy presentaion has been cancelled due to a celebratory pitch invasion. It quite clearly wouldn't happen. An announcement saying "We now need to present the trophy, please clear the pitch" would have everyone scarpering off pretty quickly.

Well, you'd like to think so, eh? Here's hoping.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Hang on, we haven't won the trophy yet! If we don't do so tonight, we'll just have time to squeeze in (or out) an extra little bit of nocturnal urinary leakage before next weekend, as everyone considers the possibility that there may be NO trophy presentation next Saturday!

There's a trophy for second place, not that we want that one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We've had 3 separate presentations of the League trophy at Withdean, pretty sure each of those was preceded by a pitch invasion ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I expect the club will at some point make an announcement that the players WILL return for a presentation on the pitch (if we know whether we will finish first or second by then - there are trophies for each)/lap of honour after the final whistle ONLY if there is no pitch invasion.

It is not possible for us to be consigned to second place any earlier than the final whistle at Villa Park.

It is not possible for us to kick off the Bristol City match anywhere but top of the table.

My wife tried to stop me invading my own garden lawn on Monday due to our new turf. She failed miserably then and she can whistle tonight as well if we win.

Seeing her lifting my hoof prints out with a kitchen fork was a joy then and will be tonight.

Invasion Freedom for all!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We've had the pitch invasion. BC game is the chance hopefully to parade a trophy which is probably the biggest achievement in our history

Hopefully common sense will prevail

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Presumably they will make an announcement before the game to say something like "stay off the pitch so we that can make the presentation".

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
It is not possible for us to be consigned to second place any earlier than the final whistle at Villa Park.

It is not possible for us to kick off the Bristol City match anywhere but top of the table.

True - but it is also possible that we won't be confirmed as champions - but I suspect we will by the end of the game if not before.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
On the pitch for all 3 of the last games.....and the pre season friendlys!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
True - but it is also possible that we won't be confirmed as champions - but I suspect we will by the end of the game if not before.

Yup. Even if we don't win tonight, there are still 2 opportunities to be crowned Champions BEFORE kick off against Bristol :thumbsup:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Agreed.

We went fully intending to abide by the club's request to stay off the pitch. Even when the first wave of fans ran on and mobbed the players, we stood and cheered and clapped, but stayed in the stand.

We waited a few minutes to see if the pitch would clear, and the players come back out - and then they all started appearing in the press box addressing the crowd, which we took as an invitation to go on - this is how they'd chosen it to pan out. So on we went, and had a lovely time.

We won't be going back on next time though. I hope no-one does.

are you me Hans?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The Parade is the time to go mental again (like the scenes at Wigan), not at anymore games. They have worked so hard, let them savour that trophy without more drama.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Presumably they will make an announcement before the game to say something like "stay off the pitch so we that can make the presentation".

It's decided on here, NSC, and has little to do with what the club want/announce or what people spontaneously do on the day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here