Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
When we go up there will be a pitch invasion. We know it, the club know it. The statement from the club was textbook arse covering nothing more. I say run on the pitch, have your moment of celebration and then get off promptly so those in the stands can enjoy the festivities also. A bit of common sense from everyone and we can all enjoy ourselves.

D

Deleted member 2719

"If we keep controlling fans on a leash"? Do you mean running a club in line with current stadium regulations and laws? I don't think you will find that BHAFC or any other club has the option to operate according to 1980s standards because of somewhat significant issues such as Heysel and Hillsborough...

We are talking about a celebrating pitch invasion.

Heysel was caused due to fighting and Hillsborough was caused by overcrowding in a fenced in area.
With CCTV throughout stadiums inside stadium rioting is rare nowadays. No fences around pitches means this is highly unlikely to happen again.
So let's see how many other clubs have pitch invasions to celebrate.
Let's not spoil the enjoyment, come on lighten up a bit and have one of those all hands and legs dances on the pitch as you face the 1901 club.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I've been a supporter since 1984, missing the 'good' times.

I've been to virtually every single home game since then at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean (STH every year), now STH since we got the Amex. And more than my fair share of away games.

That's 33 years, thousands of games, thousands of miles and thousands of pounds waiting, praying for THIS promotion. IF we get it I am going to be beside myself, laughing, crying, dancing and generally going ballistic!!

Whoever sent this 'statement', whether it's Barber or not, has really not grasped what this TRULY means.

The bit I object to is the 'threat' to ban supporters. FFS, say it's an offence and tell us not to do it but you really didn't have to make that threat.

I am just one, many others have gone to the games I have and more as well so it's an insult to say we would be banned for enjoying the ONE moment that has taken 33 years to achieve.

EVERYBODY has a pitch invasion when they are promoted, I bet they were all told to stay off the pitch but I doubt many of them were told in advance and very much doubt their clubs felt the need to tell them they would be banned from future games!!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

I've been to virtually every single home game since then at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean (STH every year), now STH since we got the Amex. And more than my fair share of away games.

That's 33 years, thousands of games, thousands of miles and thousands of pounds waiting, praying for THIS promotion. IF we get it I am going to be beside myself, laughing, crying, dancing and generally going ballistic!!

Whoever sent this 'statement', whether it's Barber or not, has really not grasped what this TRULY means.

The bit I object to is the 'threat' to ban supporters. FFS, say it's an offence and tell us not to do it but you really didn't have to make that threat.

I am just one, many others have gone to the games I have and more as well so it's an insult to say we would be banned for enjoying the ONE moment that has taken 33 years to achieve.

EVERYBODY has a pitch invasion when they are promoted, I bet they were all told to stay off the pitch but I doubt many of them were told in advance and very much doubt their clubs felt the need to tell them they would be banned from future games!!

See. I agree completely but I also remember even during the Goldstone years press releases of this very nature in the Argus ahead of big games reminding supporters that it was an offence to encroach on the playing surface at any time and that there were consequences to doing so. This statement isn't a new thing. The club and probably every other club up and down the country has been saying the same for years.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Now it's going to happen when we're not even playing isn't it. Guaranteed.
Imagine the scene, everyone watching Derby v Hudds in the concourse on Monday and then at full time all running back in to the stand, down the aisle and on to an empty pitch

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Considering that these will be my last visits to the Amex for some time, maybe even ever, the threat of a ban means absolutely diddly squat :lol:

Not that any will be issued anyway.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Back row of East Upper.
Rope ladder may look a bit obvious.
Blue/White toilet rolls twisted together maybe.
Or walk out and go back in to the East Lower AND ON TO THE PITCH.
I've waited too long.

What seems to me to be a genuine cause for concern is that if large numbers of fans on the upper levels decide they want to go on to the pitch, then it's not difficult to envisage it turning into a mad stampede down the stairs. Would only take one person to trip and a very serious situation could develop very quickly. It's not like Withdean where everybody was at a low level relative to the pitch to start with. Stay safe everybody.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When we go up there will be a pitch invasion. We know it, the club know it. The statement from the club was textbook arse covering nothing more. I say run on the pitch, have your moment of celebration and then get off promptly so those in the stands can enjoy the festivities also. A bit of common sense from everyone and we can all enjoy ourselves.
End of thread.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I am with the club on this, stay off the pitch and celebrate from your seat.

Apologies if thats dull but I want to see the players and staff walk around the pitch and be able to applaud them properly.

Quite right too .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What seems to me to be a genuine cause for concern is that if large numbers of fans on the upper levels decide they want to go on to the pitch, then it's not difficult to envisage it turning into a mad stampede down the stairs. Would only take one person to trip and a very serious situation could develop very quickly. It's not like Withdean where everybody was at a low level relative to the pitch to start with. Stay safe everybody.
This is very obviously THE point.

The layout of The Amex means that "everyone on the pitch" is simply not possible in the way it was, and still is, at grounds where the vast majority of fans have straightforward access.

Aside from the safety issue relating to the stairs, and people rushing in excitement, there is also a potentially very serious problem in WSU if the players (and possibly a trophy presentation) end up being forced to only appear on the 1901 level. A crush to the front rows to be able to see would be very dangerous as there is only a waist height wall there.

The blueprint (no pun intended) for a stadium like ours is found in the Man City PL winning video posted above.

The club do what they can in advance to deter as many people as possible from going on the pitch after the game.
About 10% of the crowd go on anyway in a "traditional outpouring of pent up emotion".
PA announcer immediately starts making increasingly assertive requests for those people to get off the pitch.
The people on the pitch have their moment for around 5 minutes while those in the stands really just want them to clear off and so the atmosphere of celebratory togetherness deteriorates temporarily.
After a few minutes the pitch starts to clear but a few wankers delay the process and frustration of the rest rises.
Eventually the pitch clears and the club get on with what they have planned for everyone to enjoy together - players and families on the pitch, massed singing, backslapping and adoration ensues for a happy time.
Fans retire to concourses and home glowing with pride in our club.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

That's 33 years, thousands of games

Wow 60 odd games a season :bowdown:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The only time it's bad to run on the pitch is when you think you've made it to the playoffs, only to discover that one of your rivals has scored late on and you have in fact missed out, which then makes your one arm push ups on the pitch look a tad stupid...cough...cough...Reading.

...true.. anything that looks like celebrating something that hasn't happened yet risks ridicule..oh, hang on..

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hang on... I've been hearing on the radio, on here, etc. that if we get 6 points we'll be promoted but it's still not mathematical is it? As Hudds can get 92? (unless they drop points). Or am I missing something.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hang on... I've been hearing on the radio, on here, etc. that if we get 6 points we'll be promoted but it's still not mathematical is it? As Hudds can get 92? (unless they drop points). Or am I missing something.

No, you're not missing anything. That's correct, we need Hudds to drop points.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
6 points is correct.

In this case pragmatism and realism beat mathematics.

Anyone who seriously thinks that Huddersfield could overtake our goal difference advantage needs to take a long, long holiday to get their sanity back.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
ridiculous from Barber. True suit lacking the feel of a real fan.

All about Control.

No one is going to be digging the pitch up. It will be people in mainly trainers for less than 30 minutes. The grounds men wouldn't have a problem sorting that.

As for the threat of exclusion .... shame on you !!

Crazy to even put this out when we've waited nearly 40 years for this and many close to the current supporters no longer alive.

On the pitch and celebrate. Bloody stiffs !!

Bearing in mind how uppity groundsmen get about even 1 or 2 people walking on a pitch in between games, it must have some effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here