Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Hearing that Blackburn have put a £2.5m price on Shane Duffy's head as he and former Albion target Ben Marshall have refused to extend their contracts beyond next June.
Also reported that Blackburn are closing on a deal for an un-named CB replacement.

Deal inching closer? Might explain why it's all gone so very quiet.

Edit: Duffy=Duff=DuffBeer=TinCan= Aluminium
Jobs a good 'un! :lolol:

After what happened with Pritchard I would be extremely surprised if we heard anything about possible transfers until its all done and dusted with the player wearing or holding an Albion shirt.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Hearing that Blackburn have put a £2.5m price on Shane Duffy's head as he and former Albion target Ben Marshall have refused to extend their contracts beyond next June.
Also reported that Blackburn are closing on a deal for an un-named CB replacement.

Deal inching closer? Might explain why it's all gone so very quiet.

Edit: Duffy=Duff=DuffBeer=TinCan= Aluminium
Jobs a good 'un! :lolol:

I thought we had bid higher than that and it was rejected?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Deal inching closer? Might explain why it's all gone so quiet

Obviously we didnt bid as much as people have suggested we have but IMHO that is still over double what he is worth.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I thought we had bid higher than that and it was rejected?

Obviously we didnt bid as much as people have suggested we have but IMHO that is still over double what he is worth.
The suggestion is that we bid more but he has since said he will not sign a new contract which increases the pressure to sell and reduces his value.
After tonight everyone concerned might want to reconsider his value.
3 goals in three games - all own goals - and equal leading goalscorer in the division. What a nightmare!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still need an extra CB but would have to be happy to be at least 3rd choice and prepared to not see a lot of game time.
To be honest, we need a 4th choice CB, not 3rd.

4th Striker is absolutely essential. If we fail to get on then it will come back and haunt us
Indeed. The club are well aware of this though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
People said the same about Wayne bridge.
No they didn't. Lescott was busy shopping for cars and showing them off on twitter while he should have been helping his club fight for survival. In what way was Bridge such a risk to team morale?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Do we really need another CB? 2 games before the break, and Golson will be back soon as will BFG.

I'd rather we use the 2.5 million that we allegedly bid for Duffy and go for a real quality striker to play off Murray.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Do we really need another CB? 2 games before the break, and Golson will be back soon as will BFG.

I'd rather we use the 2.5 million that we allegedly bid for Duffy and go for a real quality striker to play off Murray.

Said this on another thread but am surprised people don't see the need for a 4th CB be that Duffy or someone else. At one point last season we had injuries to Uwe, greer, rosenior and bong. We had more experienced cover in Calderon and signed Ridgewell on loan, something we couldn't do this year but this was possibly the period which cost us automatic. Same issue this year and we would be down to untried youngest. Also lets not forget Dunk was dismissed twice as well.
I would say a CB and forward are absolutely critical for our chances of auto this year.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Said this on another thread but am surprised people don't see the need for a 4th CB be that Duffy or someone else. At one point last season we had injuries to Uwe, greer, rosenior and bong. We had more experienced cover in Calderon and signed Ridgewell on loan, something we couldn't do this year but this was possibly the period which cost us automatic. Same issue this year and we would be down to untried youngest. Also lets not forget Dunk was dismissed twice as well.
I would say a CB and forward are absolutely critical for our chances of auto this year.

This without a doubt. Plus losing March when he was on a real run of form!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here