Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest Footballing Fiasco of 2016

Biggest Fiasco

• Total voters

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
England vs Iceland was one of those results that happen once in a generation. Like England losing to the USA in 1950, or North Korea defeating Italy in 1966.

The Albion and Palace debacles happen to teams every season.

So obviously I voted for England vs Iceland.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
England vs Iceland was one of those results that happen once in a generation. Like England losing to the USA in 1950, or North Korea defeating Italy in 1966.

The Albion and Palace debacles happen to teams every season.

So obviously I voted for England vs Iceland.

Very true, but the perfect storm of Dunk getting sent off against Derby and subsequent suspension, Stephens' red against Boro and subsequent suspension, BHA players dropping like flies with injuries in the first leg against Wednesday. That catalogue of misfortune and collapse in such a short space of time does not 'happen every season.'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You should have added

Spurs finishing third place, allowing Arsenal to beat them to second, in a two horse title race was another big football fiasco of 2016.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Spurs finishing third place in a two horse title race was another big football fiasco of 2016.

This. I've not seen many collapses like that

Sadly, the England v Iceland result is seen as normal order of things for England. I'm no longer shocked by our national incompetence

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This. I've not seen many collapses like that

Sadly, the England v Iceland result is seen as normal order of things for England. I'm no longer shocked by our national incompetence

This. Plus, at least England v Iceland was buried in the fall out of Brexit, which is the most embarrassing thing ever. And let's not forget that we'd have been slaughtered by France anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here