Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains on Monday- waaaaah! [Update: full match day service]

I see they still haven't given an answer to that. I fear there'll be serious trouble at Lewes after the game. If I were going to Eastbourne/Seaford after the game, I'd definitely head back to Brighton and pick up a 12.

But will that get you to Polegate, Bexhill or Hastings?

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Coming from London and thinking about driving as trains will be a nightmare by looks of it. What's best option parking wise?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Coming from London and thinking about driving as trains will be a nightmare by looks of it. What's best option parking wise?

Park and Ride. Mill Road if you're early enough - it will get full early. Mithras House or Racecourse otherwise.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I come down from Harrow for evening games and am staying until the bitter bitter end tomorrow no matter what and would normally get to Lewes to make the 22.40 to London which feels almost impossible so my other options would be walking/bussing back to Brighton to make the 23.10 last train and then hitch hiking/uber to home.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forecast Summary
Outlook for Monday to Wednesday
Mostly fine and dry on Monday and Tuesday with sunny spells, but chilly overnight.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637916

Forecast wrong for today. Near gale and no fun for cycling which is a dreadful cycling route at the best of times.

I don't think West Coastway will be able to cope with Extra Time. Trains are cancelled more than 50% of the time as normal service.

Burnley was the final straw for many fans. I expect the chaos will discourage even more for this one. West Coastway service is the culprit. It is bloody nightmare and not much better even when there is no football. Not just evening matches either.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Forecast wrong for today. Near gale and no fun for cycling which is a dreadful cycling route at the best of times.

I don't think West Coastway will be able to cope with Extra Time. Trains are cancelled more than 50% of the time as normal service.

Burnley was the final straw for many fans. I expect the chaos will discourage even more for this one. West Coastway service is the culprit. It is bloody nightmare and not much better even when there is no football. Not just evening matches either.
Why was Burnley such a problem with a lunchtime kick off ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've heard no FIRST class on trains to Falmer tomorrow

#prayfor [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION]

Not to worry, have access to a parking permit now for night games

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why was Burnley such a problem with a lunchtime kick off ?

I meant Fulham when 1200 fans arrived at half-time. Problems v Forest (first match) as well. After Forest we would have thought it would get sorted but no. It gets sorted for a few games, and then it comes back even worse than before.

The problem is that private companies are answerable to their shareholders not their customers.

West Coastway can still be a problems with afternoon game. Always one cancelled train away from not making the game on time.

PS: Bluebell Railway have got some trains.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I don't understand the logic here. I must be missing something, but if most trains have two members of staff (a driver and a guard), why don't Southern just add an extra carriage or two? What exactly is the sticking point that makes it impossible to extend the train by another couple of coaches?

If the numbers of staff are the same on 3-coach, 4-coach, six-coach and 12-coach services, why can't they just send out a service with a few extra carriages - to partially make up for the reduction in scheduled services operating out of Falmer??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here