Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Solar roof panels - wise investment?

D

Deleted member 2719

I would expect coastal locations to have better solar insolation / irradiance figures than inland, as in the summer, when convection kicks in you get those days where it clouds over inland but stays clear and sunny on the coast. This is particularly common down here, as the average prevailing wind is SW, so slightly off the sea, generating a clear zone right along the coast where cloud hasn't formed.

I am going to need to translate that, does that mean Sun, Sea, Sand and Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if we are south of the downs :sheep::cool:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am going to need to translate that, does that mean Sun, Sea, Sand and Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if we are south of the downs :sheep::cool:

It means, due to our average wind direction being off the sea, in the spring / summer / autumn we on average get more sunshine right on the coast than places 15 miles inland.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I would expect coastal locations to have better solar insolation / irradiance figures than inland, as in the summer, when convection kicks in you get those days where it clouds over inland but stays clear and sunny on the coast. This is particularly common down here, as the average prevailing wind is SW, so slightly off the sea, generating a clear zone right along the coast where cloud hasn't formed.

But isn't that countered by the prevalence of sea-mist on the coast - some you win, some you lose?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here