Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where’s Dale

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Kayal at fault for their first goal, stood off Bolasie allowing him loads of space to cross. Bong did his best to cover Walcott but ended up shinning it in.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kayal at fault for their first goal, stood off Bolasie allowing him loads of space to cross. Bong did his best to cover Walcott but ended up shinning it in.

There were quite a few other candidates before Kayal at fault for that goal. Bong had a nightmare at the back post. If that’s his best he shouldn’t be at this level.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The only thing that shows what a wonderful player Stephens is, and how vital he is for us, more than watching him play is watching the team play without him!

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
There were quite a few other candidates before Kayal at fault for that goal. Bong had a nightmare at the back post. If that’s his best he shouldn’t be at this level.

Walcott was not at his best, but still asked Bong more questions than he had answers. I still think Bong has done enough this season to forgive the odd below par performance. Kayal on the other hand hasn't had opprtunity to build the same amount of goodwill this season and looked well below the level needed today. Being kind I would say he was rusty.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Very harsh to say he was at fault for the first. It all started with Knockaert, who when attacking, simply passed to ball straight to an Everton player in the middle of the pitch, allowing them to attack. Kayal could have done better to stop the ball going in, and Bong was really slow to react and made a complete hash of trying to deal with it. I'd say both Bong and Knockaert were more at fault there than Kayal.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Very harsh to say he was at fault for the first. It all started with Knockaert, who when attacking, simply passed to ball straight to an Everton player in the middle of the pitch, allowing them to attack. Kayal could have done better to stop the ball going in, and Bong was really slow to react and made a complete hash of trying to deal with it. I'd say both Bong and Knockaert were more at fault there than Kayal.

Kayal was playing as DM and must do more to stop the cross. Players give the ball away, that's football, but Kayal didn't do his job and they scored.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Kayal was playing as DM and must do more to stop the cross. Players give the ball away, that's football, but Kayal didn't do his job and they scored.

Players regularly are unable to prevent a cross, that's football.

Knockaert and Bong didn't do their jobs, and their errors were far more glaring than Kayal's. Knockaert didn't even attempt to win the ball back after giving it away.

Kayal was not to blame for that goal.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Be under no illusions as to the worth and value of Dale Stephens in the Brighton side. He was sorely missed today.

Propper was reasonable, but clearly missing his buddy.

This.

Incredible that any Albion fan thinks he's not worthy of being a starter.

Hughton, Dyche and his team mates rate DS ... that's good enough for me.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Didn't CH or someone (not Mrs.Stephens or his Dad!) let it be known that DS was the player the other players wanted most in the team. "The player's player".

Two players said it, one Calderon the other I forget.

Adam Virgo was one; there were others.

It's telling that when Kayal won Player of the Season among the fans in 2015/16, Stephens finished nowhere.

Among his fellow professionals though, Stephens was selected for the Team of the Division, having finished sixth in the players' poll (and Dunk about 14th), with surprise among some fans that Kayal was not in that list.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Adam Virgo was one; there were others.

It's telling that when Kayal won Player of the Season among the fans in 2015/16, Stephens finished nowhere.

Among his fellow professionals though, Stephens was selected for the Team of the Division, having finished sixth in the players' poll (and Dunk about 14th), with surprise among some fans that Kayal was not in that list.
I was having the same conversation with El Pres and a few others recently about the no frills midfielders that have been a massive influence on the pitch and made their team-mates- who received all the plaudits - much better players: I offered Crofts, Hammond, Kishishev and El Pres added McNab, Horton and Grealish.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here