Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Like the Arctic in the Thames Valley. Been snowing for hours. Strong wind makes it feel like -10. Local roads bad. Schools shut everywhere. Gritters out overnight helped but morning rush hour to be avoided.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Other than in parts of East Sussex, they're all open. I know a couple of headteachers, who say the backlash they get from pushy parents who run businesses who are fuming when they have to have their kids at home on a snowy day, gives an added pressure not to close.

Balfour closed today for no reason whatsoever. Apparently it's been the opposite there, and some parents complaining that it's unfair on their kids when the school has been open this week and other schools closed, meaning little Tarquin can't go sledging with his pals.

I never thought I would need to become quite this grumpy about the state of society...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Taking a absolute pasting here at the moment drifting onto salted roads and sticking , seems to be moving southeast so hold on to your frocks .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nearly all schools and colleges are closed up here. My son's school basically NEVER closes as it's on a main road so relatively easy to get to. It's shut. Plus it's -4 and still snowing........

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Really disappointed with how this week's turned out. So much potential and all I've seen is a couple of light coverings. It's seems like literally everywhere North, East & West of us has had significant accumulations. Yet again we miss out.
Even watching the BBC south weather this morning got me excited but they were completely wrong..... again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really disappointed with how this week's turned out. So much potential and all I've seen is a couple of light coverings. It's seems like literally everywhere North, East & West of us has had significant accumulations. Yet again we miss out.
Even watching the BBC south weather this morning got me excited but they were completely wrong..... again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Agreed - that's exactly where I am right now. [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] OUT!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No organised snow for Sussex all week just random snow showers. It was the perfect set up, a once in ten years event and it is remarkable with the wind direction, moisture and cold that we got virtually no snow. All in all a huge let down but I cannot deny the cold was extreme

D

Deleted member 22389

Pathetic isn't it?! My boys went off to Seahaven this morning on the bus quite happily & easily. I work next to PCS in Peacehaven, and theres barely any snow left anywhere in the surrounding roads!! Heard Longhill is shut too. Ridiculous.

It is ridicolous. All I will say is well done to Seahaven for getting the school open. Peacehaven PCS is not on any hills either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy Grimble

At least we managed to get a good sledging day at Wild Park on Monday.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No organised snow for Sussex all week just random snow showers. It was the perfect set up, a once in ten years event and it is remarkable with the wind direction, moisture and cold that we got virtually no snow. All in all a huge let down but I cannot deny the cold was extreme

Still a tad chilly out

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Luck of the draw I suppose. Been fortunate to get big accumulations when I lived in Haywards Heath back in 09-10, while some areas only got a light covering. Never mind ay, we'll go again in 5 years when the next decent cold snap comes round.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Agree with all that. We have frozen ground, several degrees of air frost even by day, the air reaching us has passed over the North Sea, cloud cover, falling air pressure .... yet no precipitation.

Perhaps the "too cold to snow" reason .. dry continental cold air?

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Currently where we are at. I know parts of mid sussex and that took a fair hit but for the set up, freezing temperatures, daytimes not above freezing ect we just keep missing the best of it. Kent, London, looks like the south west next all have done better than us. We have an outside chance of one last decent hit. It is brewing off the coast of France again. Predictions will miss to the west or we will get sleet by the time it gets heavy. But still a little hope. Often it’s the hope that kills you

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Currently where we are at. I know parts of mid sussex and that took a fair hit but for the set up, freezing temperatures, daytimes not above freezing ect we just keep missing the best of it. Kent, London, looks like the south west next all have done better than us. We have an outside chance of one last decent hit. It is brewing off the coast of France again. Predictions will miss to the west or we will get sleet by the time it gets heavy. But still a little hope. Often it’s the hope that kills you

I think we have missed out on the big chance. It was an open goal from 2 yards out and we hit it over the bar

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Luck of the draw I suppose. Been fortunate to get big accumulations when I lived in Haywards Heath back in 09-10, while some areas only got a light covering. Never mind ay, we'll go again in 5 years when the next decent cold snap comes round.

Agree with all that. We have frozen ground, several degrees of air frost even by day, the air reaching us has passed over the North Sea, cloud cover, falling air pressure .... yet no precipitation.

Perhaps the "too cold to snow" reason .. dry continental cold air?

The key for the poor snow here was that as soon as the coldest air reached the UK the winds went to a Easterly or SE direction, which for our corner of the UK is shit.

We may well see some more snow later and who knows tomorrow, but it has been incredibly frustrating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here