Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
A Tory NEVER changes his spots

26903781_1971846813078572_3131570243055800556_n.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It’s a myth perpetuated by people who are politically and economically illiterate. And if Labour’s economic policy is such a ‘wank fest’ why did 129 leading economists sign an open letter prior to the snap election? The letter articulated full support for the investment-focused economic policies outlined in the Labour manifesto. The letter claimed that the policies are designed to “strengthen and develop the economy” and ensure developments are “sustainable”. What’s more, the letter boldly claimed, the policies are based on “sound estimations” – surely not a phrase to be associated with the myth that you’d have us believe. What’s more, it claimed that Conservative policy on the other hand would ‘slow the economy at a crucial juncture”.

Leading economists lol. Anything like the 364 Keynesian economists who wrote a letter to the Times claiming the economy was about to collapse after thatcher was elected.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/.../How-364-economists-got-it-totally-wrong.html

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
How in touch are you ? are you still in Bournemouth 1970 ? there are so few union members these days there is zero chance of a Labour government being held to ransom by unions. have you not noticed that people are flocking to the Labour cause because they see their pay and conditions and public services constantly being eroded ? And your last point, I am really lucky, I have no mortgage and no rent to pay thanks to hard work and a couple of redundancies and a divorce, however, I will never be rich as what cash I have will slip through my fingers like sand...Go on, crack on about the unions and lefties. The reality is that the tide is turning because too many people feel they have been left behind and that the economy " Does not work for them . May, Theresa,".

How thick are you that you can't see how sad this country has become and how devoid Mrs May is of ideas to change anything ? so, vote Tory for a continual slide in to the abyss or vote Labour for a hope of change for the better.

Hes more in touch than you vegster , you seem to be forgetting that the country is skint , we havent got a pot to piss in , corbyn will borrow this country (and pay a f*cking fortune to do so) into venezuela like status , Mervyn King nailed it
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/apr/29/mervyn-king-warns-election-victor

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hes more in touch than you vegster , you seem to be forgetting that the country is skint , we havent got a pot to piss in , corbyn will borrow this country (and pay a f*cking fortune to do so) into venezuela like status , Mervyn King nailed it
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/apr/29/mervyn-king-warns-election-victor

I wondered where you had got to. Anyway, I thought we lived in the 5th or 6th biggest economy in the world so the money is here somewhere ? Mind you, it's well hidden these days. So, we have the money, it's just that too few have too much, it's all been trawled up before as you well know. Interesting you mention Mervyn King, wasn't he governor of The
Bank of England when we had the last financial crash in 2007/8 ? He didn't predict that now did he ?.... ps how's your job, was it you that worked for a company doing building work for hospitals ? if so, hope you have dodged the Carillion fallout.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I wondered where you had got to. Anyway, I thought we lived in the 5th or 6th biggest economy in the world so the money is here somewhere ? Mind you, it's well hidden these days. So, we have the money, it's just that too few have too much, it's all been trawled up before as you well know. Interesting you mention Mervyn King, wasn't he governor of The
Bank of England when we had the last financial crash in 2007/8 ? He didn't predict that now did he ?.... ps how's your job, was it you that worked for a company doing building work for hospitals ? if so, hope you have dodged the Carillion fallout.
i dont work in that industry mate , mervyn king is the one who guided gordon brown when he was like a rabbit in the headlights

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So what are we in currently with our record debt, record defecit, no public assets, record homelessness, record poverty, record children in care, record waits in hospital?
I'm glad you're moving in a bubble where all is rosy but things are far worse the the majority of the population.
Whatever your take on spending priorities I don't see how you can get lower than a government that spends millions fighting freedom of information requests so we can't find out how many austerity kills, and hounds disabled people to despair and death at a net loss to the taxpayer.

Records that will be smashed by Labour with ease if the ever make government . All these promises of extra money for everyone but no idea where its coming from. A little hint higher taxes for everyone

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do we just accept a degree from the University of Mombasa, Kiev or Karachi? Not saying we should or shouldnt just asking a question.

No. I don't know all the details but for medics there are written exams and also a probationary period.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Records that will be smashed by Labour with ease if the ever make government . All these promises of extra money for everyone but no idea where its coming from. A little hint higher taxes for everyone

Does inventing hypothetical Labour dystopias help you justify the OPs comments? It’s ok that the country is going to shot because it might be worse under Labour?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
And what school of economics did you graduate from? ??? You can sneer all you like, doesn’t make you any more accurate with your incredibly blinkered ‘Labour = bad economic policy’ view.

Not school but Schools and dont project emotions as tthat is sloppier than your original comment. Its not Blinkered its History, we had Labour government in the 70s going to the IM>F for money as they were broke, the winter of discontent in the late 70s, 25% inflation, because they let there Union chums get out of controll, then of course you have the latest manifestation of Labour, flooding labour markets with cheap labour, announcing they will sell the gold reserves costing us billions, rading the pension funds and being turfed out of office with piles of debt. But its not just UK, across countries those that spend more as a percentage of GDP experience lower groth rates, then you have Venezuila and North Korea both dabbling with mass starvation.

On the Other hand youve got trump cutting regulations and taxes which has produced 3 quarters of Growth over 3%, Something Obama said was not possible. As well as lowest ever recorded rates of Unemployment for blacks and Latinos.

Any other questions?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People that believe the country is skint need their heads testing [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Not school but Schools and dont project emotions as tthat is sloppier than your original comment. Its not Blinkered its History, we had Labour government in the 70s going to the IM>F for money as they were broke, the winter of discontent in the late 70s, 25% inflation, because they let there Union chums get out of controll, then of course you have the latest manifestation of Labour, flooding labour markets with cheap labour, announcing they will sell the gold reserves costing us billions, rading the pension funds and being turfed out of office with piles of debt. But its not just UK, across countries those that spend more as a percentage of GDP experience lower groth rates, then you have Venezuila and North Korea both dabbling with mass starvation.

On the Other hand youve got trump cutting regulations and taxes which has produced 3 quarters of Growth over 3%, Something Obama said was not possible. As well as lowest ever recorded rates of Unemployment for blacks and Latinos.

Any other questions?

And those schools are? You know there’s more the economics than GDP right? There are lots of different ways to measure the health of the economy, but they should not be viewed in isolation. That being said, Labour has a better record in a variety of categories. Such as, but not limited to, GDP growth, earnings and income inequality, gender pay gap, unemployment, health and education*spending and industrial action.

If you look at the figures over a longer time period – back to when Thatcher became prime minister in 1979 – then Labour would undoubtedly have the better record out of the two parties. Disproving your theory entirely.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The money is there for everything to run efficiently and it's a ****ing disgrace people still don't realise it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
And those schools are?

Irrelevant
You know there’s more the economics than GDP right? There are lots of different ways to measure the health of the economy, but they should not be viewed in isolation.

GDP, GNP net GDP and net GNP are measures you do measure in isolation or to be more exact the change in those measures over time.

A. That being said, Labour has a better record in a variety of categories. Such as, but not limited to, GDP growth, earnings and income inequality, gender pay gap, unemployment, health and education*spending and industrial action.

If you look at the figures over a longer time period – back to when Thatcher became prime minister in 1979 – then Labour would undoubtedly have the better record out of the two parties. Disproving your theory entirely.

You need to quote sources for those claims, for starters the biggest increase in female employment came in the 80s with the growth in the service sector, Economics isn't your strong point is it?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not school but Schools and dont project emotions as tthat is sloppier than your original comment. Its not Blinkered its History, we had Labour government in the 70s going to the IM>F for money as they were broke, the winter of discontent in the late 70s, 25% inflation, because they let there Union chums get out of controll,

I'm not sure what schools you went to but that's complete bollocks,

The rate of inflation in the 20s was after the Barber boom of 1973 when Barber, the Tory chancellor, made a complete pig's ear of the Budget and caused a massive inflation spike (although to be fair, the oil price quadrupling didn't help). When Wilson came into power, the inflation rate was 16% and rising (it hit 24% shortly after).

It was Jim Callaghan who agreed a wage freeze with the public sector unions that started bringing inflation down - it was down to 8% by 1978. By then, however, the public sector unions had had enough of belt-tightening and looked to increase wages. Far from giving into them, Callaghan stood firm - hence the wave of strikes and the Winter of Discontent.

And yes, we did go to the IMF but that was an action that economist Thomas Balogh was warned would happen in December 1974 when he looked into the state of Britain's finances. He said that unless inflation was curbed, the country would be forced to go to the IMF for a loan - which is what happened. So, yes, it happened under Labour's watch and it could be argued that Healey should have taken more drastic action sooner, but the seeds for economic collapse had been sewn by Barber, four years earlier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here