Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour on Facebook that Hypia has resigned

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How do you know that?

As of yesterday, we had Stockdale, Hughes, Bennett x 2, Gardner, LuaLua and Bent who have all previously played in the Premier League whether for a couple of games or most of their careers. Colunga and Bruno have both played La Liga. FJC is an England U21.

We should be around the mid table area or just below with the squad we've got.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
More likely Hanukkah :thumbsup:

Why on earth would this comment get a thumbs down? Bloom is Jewish. Hanukkah is the Jewish festival of giving. Bloom will not celebrate Christmas. Oy Vay! This board astounds me sometimes with its faux sensitivity.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because the players we have are all proven at this level give or take. I have seen several games this season, we are a mess organisationally, motivationally and mentally. Thats the coaches fault. IMHO.

Can't disagree with that. As I said on another thread, our players are starting to turn on each other now too. 5 minutes to go and we have 3 bloody holding midfielders just walking around the centre circle as we're attacking. I beggared belief. Bruno was getting so much space to pass into in front of him, but no one there. I actually found myself laughing it was so painfully poor.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
3 wins as the calendar moves into December and snuggly settling into the bottom 3 will do that. If he had some players? Are you serious? The most expensive Albion squad in the club's history suggests that he has players at his disposalar. Results suggest that Hyypia and Jones haven't got a clue what to do with them.

I do feel sorry for Hyypia, he is unlikely to get another job as manager but my main concerns are for The Albion and if those 2 are our sacrificial lambs, so be it.

Hyypia wouldn't get a job in Asda-------and they are taking on anybody at the mo

Sorry but he certainly has the players to be AT LEAST mid table. I am afraid the coaching is the problem.

I'm not disagreeing with you too much, but I think the hand he has been dealt with would have caught a few very good managers out. Baldock our main investment isn't worth half what we paid for him. There is a difficult sitiation at the club right now where I think Bloom is reassessing how much he wants to fund the playing side of the club. Sami is caught in the middle of that and it would have taken an exceptional manager to navigate his way past that and get the team even up to around 10th. Yes Sami doesn't appear to be an exceptional talent

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not disagreeing with you too much, but I think the hand he has been dealt with would have caught a few very good managers out. Baldock our main investment isn't worth half what we paid for him. There is a difficult sitiation at the club right now where I think Bloom is reassessing how much he wants to fund the playing side of the club. Sami is caught in the middle of that and it would have taken an exceptional manager to navigate his way past that and get the team even up to around 10th. Yes Sami doesn't appear to be an exceptional talent
Add to that we now have a goal scorer in the team.
Clearly this rumour is BS, but if we go with it anyway, a new manager would be inheriting a team 100 times better than what Sami had.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Clearly this rumour is BS, but if we go with it anyway, a new manager would be inheriting a team 100 times better than what Sami had.

If the team now is " 100 times better than what Sami had." why are we still so shit? The man is clueless, tactically inept and taking this club into league one!

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Like most on here I hope Sami has gone, but with as much dignity as possible.

What worries me is that his replacement will be arranged along the same lines as before by the same group of people who have overseen a catastrophic breakdown in communications with a previously successful manager, given us one debacle of a closed season, appointed a virtually silent non-personality of a replacement manager, supported him to the extent that he walked out after 10 months and then appointed an unsuitable further replacement who has had the worse start since Martin Hinshelwood.

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS NOT THE MANAGER.

Spot on - more than careless that we (will inevitably) lose 3 managers in 3 seasons.

To be successful, we need to be united - that's the Board, the fans, the players, the Amex staff. It needs everyone singing off the same hymn sheet. We're not and no new Manager coming in is going to change that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the team now is " 100 times better than what Sami had." why are we still so shit? The man is clueless, tactically inept and taking this club into league one!
Errr because Bent has only just arrived.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I know you think you're clever but it's actually pretty hard to know what you're going on about most of the time. Hyypia has been given players on loan that should do the job and yet we were just as clueless yesterday. Time for him to find a new club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here