Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attracting players

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
This sadly is 100% correct .

I give you the case of George Boyd , life long palace fan agrees a deal with palace to join and play for the team he supports all is but signed and sealed , along come Hull city offer a few pennies more and mr Boyd with pen in hand signs for hull.

Now I know you'll all be saying " is he a real fan" I have seen him at Selhurst many times and stood next to him at last years cup final, so yes when his not playing for Hull he is watching palace.

Players like us workers go where the money is it is a Simon as that and TBH I don't blame them as I would do the same in my job.

Think that has more do do with people who support Palace than players in general. Wankers

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
In the Standard tonight Jermaine Defoe says he wants 100k a week and a 6m signing on fee from any suitors for next season . He's 34.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ffs !!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Why do your posts always look
like haikus?

For the benefit of the rest of us..................if you give a s++t.

haiku
ˈhʌɪkuː/Submit
noun
plural noun: haikus
a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five, traditionally evoking images of the natural world.
a poem in English written in the form of a haiku.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We will be attracting better players than we were last season in the Championship, but other clubs in our division will be less likely to give us loaners.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We have some advantages -

• Close to London
• Close to an international airport
• By the sea
• Great city for culture and vibrancy
• Excellent stadium
• Excellent training facilities

Disadvantages
• Expensive. Not London expensive, but expensive nonetheless (put it this way, you get more bang for your buck in, say, the West Midlands or Lancashire)
• Not considered to be in the hunt for trophies
• Considered to be relegation fodder
• Not the top payers

Intangibles
• Decent prospects and amibitions
• Excellent manager to work for

Is that really relevant to people earning £30/£40/£50k per week?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here