Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the Bournemouth BUBBLE burst ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How sad ; I wonder if 99.99% of Palace fans were willing Newcastle to win...well, apart from me that is.

But I would agree Jurgen (or Klippety) would make an amusing dining companion. He's the sort of bloke who would turn his frozen peas into 11 against 11 on the dinnerplate and explain his tactics.

I suspect that deep down, as much as want Palace to be relegated, and you want us to stay down, both sets of fans would love both teams to be in the same division (ideally the Prem).

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Agreed. Just as long as the rivalry stays like that, rather than descending into physical violence.

Should we be drawn against Albion in the League Cup (if both clubs progress of course) or later in the FA Cup we might see if that hope is born out by experience. I must admit I'm fed up with us playing Southampton so often!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He's the sort of bloke who would turn his frozen peas into 11 against 11 on the dinnerplate and explain his tactics.

He's bothered to turn up for dinner at your place and you haven't even cooked his peas?!!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yes, other than last season, you normally finish where you deserve.

The Kenwynne Jones loan was interesting though at reportedly £80k per week.

I wonder if the bonuses were from a contingency pot or whether they were budgeted for.

Interesting re year end.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wondered, do Albion pay 100% of Muzza's salary? Or do Buremouth still have to top it up?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have a grudging respect for the way Smug Eddie has Bournemouth playing. Their bubble certainly hasn't burst this season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I wonder how long till we're spending 12 million on back-ups and 20+ million on young players (good though both are).

If we came 16th and then top half I doubt many would be disappointed.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I wonder how long till we're spending 12 million on back-ups and 20+ million on young players (good though both are).

If we came 16th and then top half I doubt many would be disappointed.

Maybe just a few weeks....

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Shame it wasn't achieved at the expense of other teams who didn't cheat wasn't it?

Yes, I agree with your opinion, the shame is really that the punishment meted out did not have the effect that discouraged perpetrators from following this route. Any loss in operating costs should be discouraged but as we know it would be impossible to achieve what we have achieved this season had we operated at break even so have to make a loss to gain success but we hopefully have done this within the rules set out. The loss incurred by Bournemouth to gain their success was taking the piss out of the rules as set out by the authorities and trying to defend/justify their action by some of their supporters is also piss taking.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, I agree with your opinion, the shame is really that the punishment meted out did not have the effect that discouraged perpetrators from following this route. Any loss in operating costs should be discouraged but as we know it would be impossible to achieve what we have achieved this season had we operated at break even so have to make a loss to gain success but we hopefully have done this within the rules set out. The loss incurred by Bournemouth to gain their success was taking the piss out of the rules as set out by the authorities and trying to defend/justify their action by some of their supporters is also piss taking.

Yes, I remember some of their fans on here arguing vociferously in their promotion season that they had not in any way broken the rules. I believe we have not broken any rules but we'd need to curtail spending in the next couple of years to comply with ffp. Ffp is an absolute joke as in previous years we've reigned spending in at our own expense whilst the likes of Bournemouth, Leicester and QPR have cheated their way up.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I think I read on one of the sites somewhere which stated that they made an estimated operating profit of £30,000,000 on 12000 gates ??????? what chance have honest clubs got?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No their bubble won't burst for a while yet - unfortunately it pains me to say it but they are now a good lower/mid-table premiershit side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here