Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The event running yesterday never put Stockdale on his own on stage for an interview.

I cynically think that was preplanned, so as not to embarrass/pressure him.

Shame, would loved him to hear 10,000's singing the "...we want you to stay" chant.

I think he's off.

He heard it. It was sung when he collected his medal.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Rumours are he wants 4 years, being offered 2.
I think we should sign him for the four with various bonuses put into the contract. Staying Up, Clean Sheets, Goals, etc.
And then at the end of it he'll be 35, and we can give him a free transfer to Leeds, to thank them for saving us when they bought Mark Beeney, at a very crucial time for us!
Mrs Stockdale's tweet does say "If" in it, mind you :wink:

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I think we should sign him for the four with various bonuses put into the contract. Staying Up, Clean Sheets, Goals, etc.
And then at the end of it he'll be 35, and we can give him a free transfer to Leeds, to thank them for saving us when they bought Mark Beeney, at a very crucial time for us!

Sounds like a plan - and fwiw I think Mrs S should refrain from public tweets on this matter

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Really hope he stays but as people have mentioned no player is bigger than the club and if he is demands are above the current wage structure/budget set aside for a keeper then he'll be off.

I'm sure the club will put a take it or leave it offer on the table and it will be sorted in the next few weeks either way!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Wants four..we've offered two..three it is then

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The event running yesterday never put Stockdale on his own on stage for an interview.

I cynically think that was preplanned, so as not to embarrass/pressure him.

Shame, would loved him to hear 10,000's singing the "...we want you to stay" chant.

I think he's off.

That is my view. I thought there were 2 downs yesterday I thought the music was awful and should have stopped as the buses approached the lawns, but I realize that it was geared towards a very young audience not my age group. 2nd after the saves he made and points he earned us I think that David Stockdale should have been interviewed seperately.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That is my view. I thought there were 2 downs yesterday I thought the music was awful and should have stopped as the buses approached the lawns, but I realize that it was geared towards a very young audience not my age group. 2nd after the saves he made and points he earned us I think that David Stockdale should have been interviewed seperately.

Spot on.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Wants four..we've offered two..three it is then

If that is the case, then a 2 year deal with an option to extend one more year ( based on appearances ) would seem a sensible compromise for all involved.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011

A separate interview too awkward in circumstances to be viable.

I know it's not a simple as this Stocko has to consider his career and his family

but out of a) go to bigger Premier league club to warm bench for bigger bucks b) go to Leeds for less money than we are offering and play regularly c) negotiate a contract with BHA on decent money and play regularly I know what I would do - but they do say don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins. ..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh come off it. None of the defence were interviewed if you exclude Bruno as being interviewed as captain. Don't people get their knickers in a twist. #doublehandedwavegate followed by #nointerviewgate. I did note that Stockdale left the stage waving only with 1 hand, I therefore conclude he is going to stay as it was a strong sideways wrist rotation wave action with fingers loosely spread, rather than a more definite fingers spread wide forearm rotation based wave that definitely indicates you are leaving...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If that is the case, then a 2 year deal with an option to extend one more year ( based on appearances ) would seem a sensible compromise for all involved.

Did we learn nothing from the Dale Stephens saga?

We, as fans know nothing, we guess, we take in rumours, we look for hidden meanings in every word of the club and player, we worry over seemingly negative tweets, we believe every post on message boards from posters we've never met, who's credibility and accuracy, is debatable at best.We believe endless nonsense from websites that have less of a clue about what is going on than undiscovered tribes in the Amazonian jungle, and in the end its always guaranteed, that the club will suprise us all.
My favourite for a few years was that Stephens wanted to move back up north, when nobody, apart from a couple of bitter Charlton fans, when he came to us, had heard this. If Stockers goes ,and I hope he doesn't, but, if he goes, I can guarantee, us fans will be the last to know.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

As rumours go that's a beaut......very creative if a little too precise. :thumbsup:

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Oh come off it. None of the defence were interviewed if you exclude Bruno as being interviewed as captain. Don't people get their knickers in a twist. #doublehandedwavegate followed by #nointerviewgate. I did note that Stockdale left the stage waving only with 1 hand, I therefore conclude he is going to stay as it was a strong sideways wrist rotation wave action with fingers loosely spread, rather than a more definite fingers spread wide forearm rotation based wave that definitely indicates you are leaving...

Same Lodge as Stocko eh ?

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Did we learn nothing from the Dale Stephens saga?

We, as fans no nothing, we guess, we take in rumours, we look for hidden meanings in every word of the club and player, we worry over seemingly negative tweets, we believe every post on message boards from posters we've never met, who's credibility and accuracy, is debatable at best.We believe endless nonsense from websites that have less of a clue about what is going on than undiscovered tribes in the Amazonian jungle, and in the end its always guaranteed, that the club will suprise us all.
My favourite for a few years was that Stephens wanted to move back up north, when nobody, apart from a couple of bitter Charlton fans, when he came to us, had heard this. If Stockers goes ,and I hope he doesn't, but, if he goes, I can guarantee, us fans will be the last to know.

Spot. On.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
All this is not doing Stockdales reputation any favors .At the moment other key members of the squad have signed,DS after we won promotion which is understandable.Stockdale will not break the wage structure (stupid ! ) and will not get a 4 year contract.Has he been offered more money elsewhere?Then move ,fair enough.Or does the club rate him,longer term with Walton waiting in the wings?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That is my view. I thought there were 2 downs yesterday I thought the music was awful and should have stopped as the buses approached the lawns.

Disagree. Mostly not my kind of music either, but it put everyone in a party mood - especially the players who were dancing on the bus as it approached!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here