Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
She still can't count.

https://twitter.com/itnsourcenews/status/860446858883321856

[tweet]860446858883321856[/tweet]

It's utterly embarrassing. Not getting it wrong - it happens to everyone - no real shame there.

But she's as easy to read as my 7-y-o son when he's trying it on. Everything about her manner says "I don't know this but I'm going to make it up and hope to get away with it", and she's such a bad liar she fails on all counts.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
NOW is the time for Jezza to capture the momentum...

Westminster voting intention (YouGov 02-03 May):
CON: 48% (+4)
LAB: 29% (-2)
LDEM: 10% (-1)
UKIP: 5% (-1)

Are we playing the game of selectively posting polls?

3rd May: Panelbase GB poll has topline figures of CON 47%(-2), LAB 30%(+3), LDEM 10%(nc), UKIP 5%(nc), GRN 2%(-1).

Labour are of course still very far behind in the polls but the vast majority of recent polls have shown Labour gaining ground on the Conservatives, not the other way around.

The closest poll I have seen recently was on 30th April: an ORB poll in the Sunday Telegraph. Topline figures there are CON 42%, LAB 31%, LDEM 10%, UKIP 8%.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Are we playing the game of selectively posting polls?

3rd May: Panelbase GB poll has topline figures of CON 47%(-2), LAB 30%(+3), LDEM 10%(nc), UKIP 5%(nc), GRN 2%(-1).

Labour are of course still very far behind in the polls but the vast majority of recent polls have shown Labour gaining ground on the Conservatives, not the other way around.

They look almost identical... not sure what your point is.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
They look almost identical... not sure what your point is.

I wasn't entirely sure what your point was. You seemed to be sarcastically suggesting now was the time for Corbyn to capture the momentum, implying that the polls showed the momentum was with the Conservatives (+4%). That just isn't true.

See my edit for a closer poll; but me selectively posting that poll is just as pointless as you selectively posting the one you did.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
It's happening again.

ITV News:
Abbott: Net losses around 50
ITV: It's actually 125
Abbott: Well the last time I looked they were about 100

Epic fail. Every time she opens her mouth.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
diane.jpg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It's happening again.

ITV News:

It is a calculated move by Labour's American spin doctor to halt the momentum behind the daily media character assassination of Jeremy Corbyn.

The strategy has worked a treat and the job is almost done - Diane will revert to being her usual competent safe pair of hands shortly.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Diane Abbott is a pioneering politician who gets routinely abused for being a black woman with the "wrong" politics. Funnily enough in Sayeeda Warsi she has a Tory equivalent who also gets the hate mobs for being the wrong colour and wrong sex - great piece just published by Peter Oborne here http://www.middleeasteye.net/column...tell-all-tells-us-about-tory-party-1369883076

What a load of horseshit.

Pioneering? In what? Counting up to 10? Also, Remind me. Who has a chip of their shoulder about race? Is it Diane by any chance?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...White-people-love-playing-divide-and-rule.htm

Diane Abbott is to politics what Jeff Wood is to football management and no amount of 'Is it coz I iz Black' defence will change that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When Natalie Bennett made a fool of herself explaining how they were going to pay for 500,000 new homes, we took the piss. Is that because she's white? :rolleyes:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's happening again.

ITV News:
:lol: If it was 100 last time you looked, why did you say 50, 5 seconds ago? You ****ing stupid ****!

How the **** is someone this shit an MP :angry:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Diane Abbott is a pioneering politician who gets routinely abused for being a black woman with the "wrong" politics. Funnily enough in Sayeeda Warsi she has a Tory equivalent who also gets the hate mobs for being the wrong colour and wrong sex - great piece just published by Peter Oborne here http://www.middleeasteye.net/column...tell-all-tells-us-about-tory-party-1369883076

Just to be clear my criticism above is nothing to do with race nor gender, it's because she's a really bad liar.

It's happening again.

ITV News:

lol how many times does this happen when politicians are asked about running totals while the results come in? Only Diane Abbott gets the hate mobs descending on her though. Don't be a black, woman leftie in this country otherwise you'll get the real knobheads on you

Just to be clear my criticism above is nothing to do with race nor gender, it's because she's a really bad liar.

Yes massa

When Natalie Bennett made a fool of herself explaining how they were going to pay for 500,000 new homes, we took the piss. Is that because she's white? :rolleyes:

Woman and a leftie. Two out of three ain't bad

Compare and contrast with how many of May's bungles like abolishing tourism get instantly forgotten

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
lol how many times does this happen when politicians are asked about running totals while the results come in? Only Diane Abbott gets the hate mobs descending on her though. Don't be a black, woman leftie in this country otherwise you'll get the real knobheads on you

Not hate mobs, just continuing amazement at how she can be in the responsible position she is, together with the terrifying thought, that some in her party and on here, think she would be capable of becoming Home Secretary.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Woman and a leftie. Two out of three ain't bad

Compare and contrast with how many of May's bungles like abolishing tourism get instantly forgotten

Or the recent Tory MP who said patients should be reassessed to save money as some PERMANENT degenerative conditions get better...:shrug:

When asked, what permanent degenerative conditions get better, he said he wasn't going to get bogged down in detail. Yeah right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here