Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
bit surprised to see Lib Dems continue to lose ground, might have expected them to see some return to them after the GE collapse.
Not that surprising to me. Many people who may have voted Lib Dem (not maybe hard Lib Dem-ers, but people who sometimes tactically voted Lib Dem, mainly to tactically vote against the Tories) felt betrayed by the power mad Lib Dem leadership jumping into bed with the Tories in 2010 and vowed that they would never ever vote Lib Dem again - and thousands of them (us) won't; it won't be a case of punishing them for an election or two - never means never. That is a substantial trenche of potential voters the Lib Dems have lost for ever.
Secondly, their second referendum position might not be the vote-winner they think it will be; many people who voted remain have accepted the outcome of the referendum and are more concerned now with getting on with it rather than trying to re-write history.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Total outrage from the board when HT makes a gag about a Tory in glasses, yet here you are wishing death on people for their political views :facepalm:

Well quite. They don't know whether they're scratching their watch or winding their arse from one post to the next. Total shambles. They are enjoying a brief moment in the sun because of Brexit and May's default popularity. It won't last and their bravado will disappear with May and her cronies.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well quite. They don't know whether they're scratching their watch or winding their arse from one post to the next. Total shambles. They are enjoying a brief moment in the sun because of Brexit and May's default popularity. It won't last and their bravado will disappear with May and her cronies.

Same sort of post pre the 2010 and 2015 elections, pre Referendum, still waiting whilst basking in the glory.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not that surprising to me. Many people who may have voted Lib Dem (not maybe hard Lib Dem-ers, but people who sometimes tactically voted Lib Dem, mainly to tactically vote against the Tories) felt betrayed by the power mad Lib Dem leadership jumping into bed with the Tories in 2010 and vowed that they would never ever vote Lib Dem again - and thousands of them (us) won't; it won't be a case of punishing them for an election or two - never means never. That is a substantial trenche of potential voters the Lib Dems have lost for ever.
Secondly, their second referendum position might not be the vote-winner they think it will be; many people who voted remain have accepted the outcome of the referendum and are more concerned now with getting on with it rather than trying to re-write history.
Excellent post.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How not to answer a question, example number 83. This from the indepth :)lolol:) Agrus interview with Mrs May during her visit to Brighton.

What assurances can you offer an outward-facing city like Brighton and Hove which relies so strongly on positive links to the EU for tourism, language schools and workers in the hospitality sector that it will not suffer drastically in the disruptive transition as we exit the European Union?

First of all what I would say for Brighton and Hove that it is important that we get the best possible deal from Brexit and that will be a good deal for Brighton and Hove and good for people across the United Kingdom.

If we are going to do that we will need a strong hand in the negotiations and that’s why I say every vote counts on the forthcoming election on June 8 because every vote for me and my local team, my local Conservative candidates will strengthen my hand in those negotiations.

There are going to be 27 European member states on the other side of the table, they are united in their determination to get a deal that works for them. We need to show that unity of purpose here in the UK and come together to get the best possible deal for our national interests and for local interests such as people here in Brighton and Hove.

At the end of the day there is only one of two people who is going to be Prime Minister.

Only one of two people is going to be sitting there standing up for Britain, it’s either me or Jeremy Corbyn.

So are there any mind readers on NSC who can inform us what will be good for Brighton and Hove post Brexit.

No wonder Mrs May doesn't want to appear on live TV debates, as I assume that unlike the gentle quizzing from the Argus, someone would ask the question again given that the orginial question has not been answered.

And former UKIP supporters seem to be lapping this rubbish up and voting Tory

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Same sort of post pre the 2010 and 2015 elections, pre Referendum, still waiting whilst basking in the glory.

Really? You're basking in the glory of 2010 AND the referendum? Only in 2010 the election was won by a coalition of pro European professional politicians who DIDN'T give you a referendum.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
John McConnell said the Labour party has"held it's own"and if they get fair coverage in the run up to the election Corbyn and his policies will come across to the electorate.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Really? You're basking in the glory of 2010 AND the referendum? Only in 2010 the election was won by a coalition of pro European professional politicians who DIDN'T give you a referendum.

In 2010 the useless Labour government was ousted. Maybe if they had not allowed and invited mass immigration, then people now moaning about the youngsters not getting on the property ladder etc, and actually LISTENED to the people they serve, then they might have a chance of being trusted again.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What a fantastic night for the Conservatives. I suspect that Labour will get obliterated in the forth coming General Election. A Sea of Blue in England with one Green dot in Brighton & a few Red freckle spots elsewhere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cal-eleciton-night-Ukip.html#comments-4475474

On this site you would think the Left is about to take power. However, as usual the silent majority, just get on with life without screaming & shouting.
Happy, Happy days. Blue is the colour

There is certainly some truth to this. if you look at the poll, the conservative vote is more than double that of Labour, but this is not reflected by the posts on here from Lefties who so often resort to exaggeration and denigration of those whose views are different. Or it might simply be that Tory voters are at work for long hours and just don't have the time . .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Countrywide as at 11.30

6312511.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
In 2010 the useless Labour government was ousted. Maybe if they had not allowed and invited mass immigration, then people now moaning about the youngsters not getting on the property ladder etc, and actually LISTENED to the people they serve, then they might have a chance of being trusted again.

Net migration in 2015 was up by 156,000 since 2012. In the last two years of the coalition and the first year of Tory only rule inflows in to this country increased by 124,000.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox....rnational-migration-flows-to-and-from-the-uk/

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Net migration in 2015 was up by 156,000 since 2012. In the last two years of the coalition and the first year of Tory only rule inflows in to this country increased by 124,000.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox....rnational-migration-flows-to-and-from-the-uk/

I would not for one moment dispute your figures, but I think that what infuriated folk was the later admitting by Labour politicians that they had deliberately encouraged mass and uncontrolled immigration to put one over "racists" - racists being anyone who disagreed with them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I would not for one moment dispute your figures, but I think that what infuriated folk was the later admitting by Labour politicians that they had deliberately encouraged mass and uncontrolled immigration to put one over "racists" - racists being anyone who disagreed with them.

"Labour politicians"? No link? Come on, a name and a verbatim quote would be good otherwise your point is entirely worthless.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Immigration figures also include students who are here to pay full whack for their university fees, thereby helping our own students. They return to their own countries when completing their studies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here