Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastles next two games

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm liking your prediction a few weeks ago that we will be champions on 96 points, but also liking mine that no more than 2 teams will get 90 points + [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I must admit, been pretty shocked by the form of our rivals. When you think last season, Burnley and M'Boro both managed 6 wins 4 draws from their last 10, we managed 7 wins and 3 draws!

This season from the 37th/36th game, Newcastle are 2 wins, 2 draws, 3 defeats, Huddersfield 2 wins 1 draw 3 defeats. Just didn't see that coming.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I must admit, been pretty shocked by the form of our rivals. When you think last season, Burnley and M'Boro both managed 6 wins 4 draws from their last 10, we managed 7 wins and 3 draws!

This season from the 37th/36th game, Newcastle are 2 wins, 2 draws, 3 defeats, Huddersfield 2 wins 1 draw 3 defeats. Just didn't see that coming.

They choked (like us) :wink:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What pressure? We're promoted to the EPLship Promised Land already.

It depends if we want to win the league really. No pressure if we are just happy with promotion. Let's wait and see how people feel next week if Newcastle are sitting a point behind us and it's still 0-0 at halftime

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They choked (like us) :wink:

I keep telling people this though, we didn't choke last season. Our form at the end was excellent. After the Cardiff defeat we went 9 wins 5 draws 0 defeats. Water under the bridge now, but we didn't choke, and all those that have thrown that title at us this season can drown in their tears watching us in the Premier League next season!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It depends if we want to win the league really. No pressure if we are just happy with promotion. Let's wait and see how people feel next week if Newcastle are sitting a point behind us and it's still 0-0 at halftime

....or we can simply enjoy the end to what has been a stupendously successful and memorable season.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Bring it on!!! :albion2:

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I keep telling people this though, we didn't choke last season. Our form at the end was excellent. After the Cardiff defeat we went 9 wins 5 draws 0 defeats. Water under the bridge now, but we didn't choke, and all those that have thrown that title at us this season can drown in their tears watching us in the Premier League next season!

Agree that we didn't choke in the regular league but we certainly seemed to run out of steam in the playoffs. But like you say water under the bridge UTA!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They play twice before we play Bristol City.

3 points or less and we win the league. So are we hoping Newcastle pick up the points so we can win it on our own patch?
Yes it would be nice to win it at home, but it's more important that we just win it, so a result for Preston would be great please. A guard of honour vs Bristol would be nice too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agree that we didn't choke in the regular league but we certainly seemed to run out of steam in the playoffs.
We had Stephens suspended because of the useless Mike Dean
and we got 4 ****ing injuries in the first 60 minutes against Sheffield

and still we deserved to bring it back in the second leg.

It was the opposite of choking.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Don't get some people. A week is a long time in football. Newcastle win the next 2 and the pressure will be right on us to win at home.

What pressure? The pressure we were facing was after the Leeds away game. We coped with it admirably whilst those around us wilted.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We had Stephens suspended because of the useless Mike Dean
and we got 4 ****ing injuries in the first 60 minutes against Sheffield

and still we deserved to bring it back in the second leg.

It was the opposite of choking.

Breathing?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be very happy with Newcastle dropping the 3 points needed in their next 2 games.

Then we can celebrate the title on Saturday with no pressure at all.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I really want us to win the Bristol match. I don't really mind whether the celebrations start before or after. In an ideal world I'd like to need a point (or three) just to make sure the players are focussed on the Bristol game. However we should all want to win the league as soon as possible - and it would be great to see Newcastle go into the playoffs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here