Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What stadium are you most looking forward to visiting next season?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Anfield = disappointing.
Old Trafford = disappointing.
Emirates = Nice stadium, but very quite and its like watching a game but not really being there, I found it odd.
Goodison Park = I liked it proper ground.
Craven Cottage = As above.
Stoke = see Reading
Villa Park = my Favorite, loved the ground and proper football fans.
White heart lane = OK ground, good atmosphere. Bit of a scary, long walk from the station (if you think its rough in South Norwood your in for a shock)
Chelsea + Be prepared to show tourists in Chelsea shirts the way to the ground...if I was a old school Chelsea fan I would hang my head in shame.

Wembley = Disappointing, soulless, expensive, a pain to get to and a huge waist of the FAs money.

There is my 2 penneth worth.

First season we went up went to loads of away..not been to one in the last 3 seasons and as are away form is better than our home says it all....The best away days are in the Championship IMHO.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not been to Swansea new ground , The Emirates , Man City , looking forward to revisiting the wind tunnel Britannia , but most of all St Mary's for me .

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Stoke!! Who doesn't want to go Stoke?!

What do you mean none of you want to go to Stoke?

My view on Stoke...absolute pit hole of a town but the atmosphere was excellent when i was there. Just dont look at any of the locals. Anyway, i dont need to go again now

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stoke!! Who doesn't want to go Stoke?!

What do you mean none of you want to go to Stoke?

Absolute shit hole full of thick people.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
For what it’s worth out of the Premier League grounds I have visited here are my impressions.

Hawthorne’s - Great ground, lovely fans although I was in the home end when I went. The area around is a proper shit hole though.
Old Trafford - Went on a corporate, took a customer to see his beloved Southampton, enjoyed the experience but was left feeling uneasy with how crammed in you are. Would not like to have to get out of there in a hurry if something went wrong.

Emirates - Saw Scotland play there so not sure what it’s like when Arsenal are at home, The away end is ok from what I remember but the bottom tier wasn’t very steep so found it hard to see when tall bloke was in front of me. I can’t say I was blown away by the place.

Wembley – I have been lucky enough to have gone 6 times and I really like the stadium but the atmosphere isn’t great. Been for an FA Cup Semi and Final, England v Scotland twice, Olympic football (That was bizarre) and a Spurs Champions League game and even those matches, that should have been raucous didn’t create the noise you’d expect.
Chelsea – I enjoyed my trip to Stamford Bridge but it was at the very beginning of the Abramovich era so it was a bit less touristy so I am told.

Palace – Toilet but there was some impressive noise

Etihad – Went for their for the Quarter final of the Champions league against PSG last season, was up there for work so thought I’d try and get a ticket only a week before the game and it was easy. It was quiet for most of the game and the whole thing felt pretty touristy and lacking in atmosphere. Hypocritical I know, me a neutral calling a ground touristy, hay ho. The fact that I, joe public could easily obtain a ticket for a game of that magnitude says it all. (“Your grounds too big for you” etc) Great facilities and easy to park, not sure your car will still be there when you get back to it though as the area around is, well, Manchester.

St Marys – Great ground, been about 8 times and it can be quiet on occasion but I like the place. Easy to get to and I like the town. Nice bunch of supporters but not been there as a traditional away fan before. Hope I can get there next season.

Vitality Stadium – The boy and I have made more impressive things out of lego. Enjoyed my visit but in no mad rush to go back. Lucky as Tickets will be like gold dust next season I expect.

Stoke – Enjoyed my trip there, it was noisy and cold and mid week so was what I expected. Locals didn’t seem so friendly though.

Leicester City – It was noisy enough and enjoyed my day out, identikit modern stadium

Hull City – See Above, Hull is another proper shit hole

Swansea - Identikit modern stadium but I have a soft spot for the sheep bothers as the Mrs is Welsh and enjoyed a cracking game there years ago when Roberto Martinez was manager and they Played Bristol Rovers. I like Swansea but it’s not to everyone’s taste. Hope they are still there to visit next season.

Riverside - Identikit modern stadium, not that they’ll stay up thankfully, Total toilet of a town, miserable b&stards n’all.

Olympic Stadium – Was great for the Olympics so I fancy a trip there for football. There is something epic about the Olympic park and I love it.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
My view on Stoke...absolute pit hole of a town but the atmosphere was excellent when i was there. Just dont look at any of the locals. Anyway, i dont need to go again now

This is difficult when their eyes look in different directions at the same time. They seemed to have their fair share of odd balls. I like to get to a ground early and walk around before a game and I kept getting lapped by this strange fat bloke who was muttering things to himself.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
[MENTION=34013]Alba Badger[/MENTION] I'm afraid your view of Southampton has made me question your reviews! Factory of a stadium, piss hole of a town and have only been treated badly by their fans.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not looking forward to that one at all. Selhurst is always a shìt day out these days.

Very rare but agree the worst day out of the lot being herded like sheep by the police, fans misbehave and pretty shit all round.

Hopefully as a derby live on the TV so will not bother as been enough times to that shit ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here