Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHO ARE YA? - Brighton & Hove Albion (#1)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
To be fair on the lad, i assume he meant to say Withdean but just made a mistake. Similar for the Dunk/Duffy championship gaff.
Does no-one have any pride in their digital output these days? I am far from the best at spelling and I am not fully conversant with advanced grammar techniques but I will always briefly check what I have written and correct afterwards if necessary. We are not talking about a standard forum post here either. It must be a modern thing as it is creeping more and more into proper newspapers. Let alone click bait sites that let people like Timmy publish whatever his crayons feel like producing with zero subbing.

Edit - see. Now I'm questioning whether it should be "Doesn't anyone" instead of "Does no-one". Might just be OCD though.

boik

Does no-one have any pride in their digital output these days? I am far from the best at spelling and I am not fully conversant with advanced grammar techniques but I will always briefly check what I have written and correct afterwards if necessary. We are not talking about a standard forum post here either. It must be a modern thing as it is creeping more and more into proper newspapers. Let alone click bait sites that let people like Timmy publish whatever his crayons feel like producing with zero subbing.

Edit - see. Now I'm questioning whether it should be "Doesn't anyone" instead of "Does no-one". Might just be OCD though.

They are equivalent. No need to worry.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Not wanting to appear a dick but how does someone that is 20 experience the war years?

Also, I didn't realise they were selling Season Tickets at the Goldstone 16 years ago:shrug:

Quite a bit of that doesn't add up, has let himself down there methinks.

You could buy terrace season tickets all through the bad times. I first bought one for the 80/81 season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought most of his answers were spot on TBH and very knowledgeable for a 20yr old yet everyone seems to want to pick :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I thought most of his answers were spot on TBH and very knowledgeable for a 20yr old yet everyone seems to want to pick :shrug:

Agree mate, I read the posts on here before I read the answers on the link. Apart from him saying he had a season ticket at the Goldstone the answers were pretty good.
The Goldstone answer could have been a mistake by whoever wrote the article, he obviously meant Withdean.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
You could buy terrace season tickets all through the bad times. I first bought one for the 80/81 season.
Yup I had a terrace season ticket at the Goldstone for five years and the extra vouchers could get you into reserve games.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm 24 and have no memory of the goldstone, although I was taken to every game since I could walk. I do remember going to priestfield however, and all the years following. I remember telling friends at school I supported Brighton and being laughed at, now though there are Brighton shirts everywhere! What a time to be a seagulls supporter :albion2:
You didn't miss much trust me:D

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Not wanting to appear a dick but how does someone that is 20 experience the war years?

Also, I didn't realise they were selling Season Tickets at the Goldstone 16 years ago:shrug:

Quite a bit of that doesn't add up, has let himself down there methinks.

my dad and I had excecutive club season tickets back in 1983 onwards.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Surprised that anyone's worst experience watching albion isn't either the 5-0 against palace or the 2nd leg of the play off against them
The 5-0 tips me over the edge for sheer disappointment and anger, the play-off was somehow entirely predictable for me.... but.... both are unchallenged by any other Albion watching experience.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here