Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
But without one, we're still fourth. Yes, it would be great to get a striker but I'm still confident we'll make the play offs without one. I'd far rather we kept money back for the summer rather than throw money away on a striker who is no better than we have now.

With LuaLua back, Wilson hopefully staying and Knockaert signed, I'm confident we'll be a threat going forward. We're never going to spend the money that Middlesbrough are on Rhodes and I'm quite glad we don't.

Spot on. Most teams are after a central striker, but there's just not that many of them around, which means their prices are even more inflated. We've got four forwards at the moment, which will see us through. If we can get someone else (e.g. Murray on a 93-day loan) that'll make a difference, then we should go for it but, if not, let's wait until the summer when I back CH, PW, etc to identify the best option(s) available in the circumstances.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Ta. And good answer. Will Pritchard be the one that secures that second place for you?
And as to us, I'm about to launch a number of ifs:
-- if Bong and Rosenoir are back soon
-- if Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal and LuaLua remain fit
-- if Wilson increasingly continues to find the net
-- if we get another top striker (e.g. Murray)
... then I think we might make it into the play-offs.

At the start of the season, I backed Boro and Hull for automatics and you to go up in the play-offs. I might change my mind if we're playing you in the finals :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why? Just because it's not out in the media. How often do our procreation dept gob off about their targets. I admire the way they manage to keep schtum. I'll hold out hope until the plump lady sings. :)
We are using a procreation department to get us a new striker? Blimey, can we really afford to wait about twenty years for their efforts to mature? I think that even the academy might possibly produce a result quicker than that!

Jan 10, 2014
Will Pritchard be the one that secures that second place for you?

I don't know but I believe that he's just come back from an injury so it will take time for him to get up to speed.

There's still plenty of football to be played and we've got Boro and Hull to play at home yet. If we carry on playing how we have been doing recently then we can get in the automatic spots.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
We are using a procreation department to get us a new striker? Blimey, can we really afford to wait about twenty years for their efforts to mature? I think that even the academy might possibly produce a result quicker than that!

Twenty years? WTF has 20 years got to do with anything? Quite often you can't buy your ideal replacement (or target) until his host club have a suitable replacement. And what with the nature of bluff and double bluff, it drags out to the very end. This is why the last day of the transfer window eclipses every other day in terms of deals done.

Jerryatric

NSC Patreon
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Twenty years? WTF has 20 years got to do with anything? Quite often you can't buy your ideal replacement (or target) until his host club have a suitable replacement. And what with the nature of bluff and double bluff, it drags out to the very end. This is why the last day of the transfer window eclipses every other day in terms of deals done.

I think you may have missed his subtle joke:

"Procreate: To procreate is to reproduce. In other words, to procreate is a more formal way of saying "making babies."

Geddit?!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't know but I believe that he's just come back from an injury so it will take time for him to get up to speed.

There's still plenty of football to be played and we've got Boro and Hull to play at home yet. If we carry on playing how we have been doing recently then we can get in the automatic spots.
This is a good attitude. We are just 1 point below Burnley, yet a lot of us have already waved the white flag, and deemed automatic promotion impossible.

We need more of the Burnley outlook.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think you may have missed his subtle joke:

"Procreate: To procreate is to reproduce. In other words, to procreate is a more formal way of saying "making babies."

Geddit?!

LOL ...only just noticed that! I actually typed 'procurement' but my feckin keyboard has a mind of its own and 'spell check' kicks in !
Oh well ! I'll still not start bed wetting until it's time to. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here