Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Anything less than £8 mill is a waste of time. Bloom should tell Rangers to f**k off and stay f**ked off, they don't have any players remotely Prem standard and will get trounced by Celtic for at least 2 more years.

Rangers should be reminded that this is 2018 not 1998. £2 mill is what we the fans drink on a big game weekend...

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Why would he go to Rangers. they are not even in top two in Scotland, a complete joke of a club now. Celtic will dominate that league for the next ten years at least.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
This makes no sense and we'd be daft to sell him, not least for the reason that he's a quality PL-ready defender, as he showed vs watford. Particularly with us needing homegrown players now sidwell and rosenior are gone, this one is just stupid. We all know rangers haven't got a pot to p*ss in, and talk of a 2 million quid offer is just laughable. Next....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Goldson is probably off - not necessarily to Rangers, but he needs first team football at this stage in his career, which we are unlikely to give him.

Unfortunately, I see this as quite likely. I see him more as an understudy for Duffy than Dunk.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
To be fair to CG,I am sure he craves ist team football,and sees no realistic chance of that,with us ,as Duffy and Dunk are first choice.This and James Collins ,could have some truth.As for a fee...."Undisclossed ! "

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Why would he go to Rangers. they are not even in top two in Scotland, a complete joke of a club now. Celtic will dominate that league for the next ten years at least.
He would likely get a pay rise and regular first team football. I'd be shocked if he doesn't move, providing rangers put in s sensible offer

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He would likely get a pay rise and regular first team football. I'd be shocked if he doesn't move, providing rangers put in s sensible offer
Pay rise? This is brassic Rangers we are talking about. They can't afford the fee we would ask anyway, so it's a moot point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Pay rise? This is brassic Rangers we are talking about. They can't afford the fee we would ask anyway, so it's a moot point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The chairman is a convicted tax criminal, and the South African judge described him as 'a glib and shameless liar'

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The chairman is a convicted tax criminal, and the South African judge described him as 'a glib and shameless liar'

Whyte was declared bankrupt at the High Court in London in October 2015, following his non-payment of damages awarded to Ticketus in 2013.

Unbelievable he can run a football club, especially with Rangers history

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They are joking Yes? The starting price would NOT be under 8 million. Even at that price he would be a bargain. It would cost a lot more to replace him.

Well said... Rangers can **** right off at that price...

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
They are joking Yes? The starting price would NOT be under 8 million. Even at that price he would be a bargain. It would cost a lot more to replace him.

Rangers can f**k right off at £8m. In this day and age, we’d be selling someone with excellent potential for a very poor price at that rate.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Sorry if already mentioned but read somewhere yesterday they are paying for Jamie Murphy in instalments, so how the f... could they afford Connor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Martin Skrtel's agent says the the 33-year-old defender's move to Rangers from Fenerbahce is dead in the water becausethe Scottish club are finding it "impossible" to finance.

I wonder if Rangers will be coming back with an improved bid for Goldson this week.
Personally nothing less than £3m should be considered.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Martin Skrtel's agent says the the 33-year-old defender's move to Rangers from Fenerbahce is dead in the water becausethe Scottish club are finding it "impossible" to finance.

I wonder if Rangers will be coming back with an improved bid for Goldson this week.
Personally nothing less than £3m should be considered.

Agreed. I personally wonder where some posters £8m plus valuations come from. Goldson, much as l like him, is a central defender with hardly any Premier League experience.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry if already mentioned but read somewhere yesterday they are paying for Jamie Murphy in instalments, so how the f... could they afford Connor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Transfer fees are usually paid in instalments over the course of the contract, as opposed to in full up front. We signed Locadia for £14m on a 4 year deal - meaning we pay PSV £3.5m a year over the next 4 years. Thats usually how it works (its recorded on the books as player amortisation each year).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agreed. I personally wonder where some posters £8m plus valuations come from. Goldson, much as l like him, is a central defender with hardly any Premier League experience.

If defenders from the Championship are commanding fees of 5-6 million or more, why would we take 3 million for Goldson.. I think he is worth 5 million of anyone's money

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Transfer fees are usually paid in instalments over the course of the contract, as opposed to in full up front. We signed Locadia for £14m on a 4 year deal - meaning we pay PSV £3.5m a year over the next 4 years. Thats usually how it works (its recorded on the books as player amortisation each year).

What? Amortization is just a straight line accounting method, it has absolutely nothing to do with how the installments are paid.

I think 3.5-5m is about the right price. Or £2.5m with a 50% sell on fee.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
What did we pay shrewsbury for Connor ? a undisclosed £2.2 million ? He is already a quality player , he will improve year on year , selling him would be ridiculous considering the amount of money already invested in him , he will hopefully be a Brighton player for many years to come , going to rangers would be a massive backward step in his development plus the language barrier would be tricky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here