Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I sit Delaney or his donkey ? His donkey won the half mile race.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I wouldn't believe believe everything you hear, even if you consider them knowledgeable.

I've watched him a number of times. He is uncompromising, committed, and a massive threat at set pieces. Also has a knack of timing runs into the box. He fits the bill.

How much would you consider a 2-3 years younger Stephens worth? That's what we'll have to pay.

Good to hear you rate him.
And to answer your question ? God knows . But yeah, more than 12 mill

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No offence [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION], but your shockingly terrible assessment of Hughts makes me concerned that you're so keen on Delaney.

Damn I’m still getting a hard time on that nearly 4 years later !
I’ve forgotten how many times I have apologised haha

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Watched him a few times this season on TV .

He’s no major upgrade on Stephens or Propper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“As good as” either of those two would do me for squad depth.

Agree, Stephens and Propper have done really well this season and held their own in the top division. On Friday they were head and shoulders better than fellaini and pogba.

I'm not sure a player who is much better than both of them is going to be affordable for us. If Delaney is about equal it will provide competition and injury cover. We also need a specific type of player who can play in a midfield 2.

If we can sign Delaney I'd have Molumby as the 4th CM.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Agree, Stephens and Propper have done really well this season and held their own in the top division. On Friday they were head and shoulders better than fellaini and pogba.

I'm not sure a player who is much better than both of them is going to be affordable for us. If Delaney is about equal it will provide competition and injury cover. We also need a specific type of player who can play in a midfield 2.

If we can sign Delaney I'd have Molumby as the 4th CM.

Like I said earlier, Delaney fits the bill.

Also gives us the option of playing Propper behind the striker sometimes and giving Gross a rest.

If we can fish out an early signing before the WC inflation then I hope it's this one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Delaney
Sinclair
Andone
Rondón

Shopping done.... easy

I'd be heart broken if next seasons shopping is just a rip off of this seasons failed dealings.

I guess you're eagerly waiting your membership card for The No Imagination Crew.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Would much rather Hany Mukhtar than Thomas Delaney. He has helped drive Brøndby to the verge of their first Danish league title in 13 years. As I said, I've seen a load of Delaney in Denmark and for Denmark and he will add some energy to the midfield, but little else that we already have. Brøndby play the Klopp way - their manager (Alexander Zorniger) would also be worth a pop if Sir Chris ever left. He has transformed Brøndby. Mukhtar would be cheap (well under 10m) and is the star player in the league here at the moment. Skilful, used to a fast pressing game and scores some goals. Certainly worth a pop in the Gross style, more than overspending on Delaney.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
News
06/05/2018
Transfergeflüster
Werders limit at 20 million
Brighton offer for Delaney

nordphoto
Thomas Delaney flirts openly with a change in the Premier League. So far, however, only one club has made a concrete offer according to the MEIN-WERDER information - and Werder is too low.

The principle is always the same, it is based on a simple promise: If an attractive offer from an attractive club comes, it will be discussed open-ended. That's the way it always has been. Werder relies on transfer revenue. And it's usually also a good deal for both sides. Werder offers the opportunity to achieve a certain footballing class. The players use Bremen as a stage to increase the market value and recommend themselves for a larger club. In Miroslav Klose, Diego or Mesut Özil, this principle worked wonderfully, club and player have benefited. Without the promise to be ready for sale with a good offer, many a player would not have switched to Bremen.

This includes Thomas Delaney, who was transferred in January 2016 for a relatively modest two million euros from FC Copenhagen to Bremen. At the time, Delaney was promised to be able to make the intermediate step to the Premier League in Bremen. England is his goal, he has never doubted that since his arrival in Bremen. Werder has accordingly promised Delaney to negotiate a change at the appropriate opportunity.

The fitting opportunity will come sometime in the summer, so at least Delaney plans it. "It's a thin line to be honest and respectful to the club at the same time," he said last Saturday after beating Leverkusen. A remarkable sentence in which there is a lot of substance. It would be respectful to the club to see their contract as what it is by 2021: a long-term employment relationship. It would be honest to formulate his change request clearly and clearly. Combining both is very difficult.

A thin line
On the fine line, Delaney has been doing quite well so far. "Thomas says that you can and should not exclude anything in football 100 percent. How he speaks is absolutely legitimate, "says Frank Baumann. "It's all right and understandable when he says that he wants to change when there's a top offer when the clubs agree." For Baumann himself, it's not a very easy situation either. A player who is under contract until 2021 and still speaks publicly about his intention to change, he would have under normal circumstances measure. But there is this promise that lured Delaney.

Last Friday, Delaney's advisor Michael Stensgaard visited the Weserstadion office. In conversation with Baumann it was about Delaney gone, but also to other players, not worth mentioning, said sports director and advisor then in similar wording. Whatever the truth, in essence, it should still have gone to the future of Delaney. The meeting is an indication that a farewell is approaching. So it could be that the goalless draw against Leverkusen was Delaney's last game in the Weserstadion. "I dont know. I want to be honest: what happens happens, "he said after the match. That too is amazing in times when the truth in football has become a more flexible term. Between the lines, Delaney makes it clear that he is planning his departure.

Clarity probably after the World Cup
An association keeps appearing in Delaney's plans for the future: Brighton & Hove Albion. Already last summer, the club from the English Premier League put out the feelers. Even then, Delaney would like to change, tell people involved. But Werder did not want to. Now there is the next attempt. According to information from MY WERDER Brighton is currently the only club that has a concrete offer including transfer fee deposited at Werder. However, the sum is so low that it gives Werder no reason to enter into negotiations. Willingness to talk it should give from Bremen side only from 20 million euros.

Where Delaney moves, so probably will turn out only after the World Cup. He wants to use the tournament in Russia with Denmark to earn several options for a change. Brighton is England, but is one of the clubs that are more in the lower half of the table. The "Seagulls" (gulls) have secured the league only towards the end of the season.

With two, three good appearances at the World Cup, Delaney could recommend for larger clubs. And so is his calculation. Werder has not given up the emotional leader yet. Against Leverkusen Delaney provided evidence of what makes him so valuable. He compensates for lacking footballing class with will and commitment. With so much will and effort that games can be won. Or defeats avoided. Nobody gives up such a player voluntarily, let alone a coach. "I try to convey that development is taking place at Werder and that players can still develop here," said Florian Kohfeldt some time ago. It was also about the future of Delaney. "I think a sporting perspective is important for the boys.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
R
News
06/05/2018
Transfergeflüster
Werders limit at 20 million
Brighton offer for Delaney

nordphoto
Thomas Delaney flirts openly with a change in the Premier League. So far, however, only one club has made a concrete offer according to the MEIN-WERDER information - and Werder is too low.

The principle is always the same, it is based on a simple promise: If an attractive offer from an attractive club comes, it will be discussed open-ended. That's the way it always has been. Werder relies on transfer revenue. And it's usually also a good deal for both sides. Werder offers the opportunity to achieve a certain footballing class. The players use Bremen as a stage to increase the market value and recommend themselves for a larger club. In Miroslav Klose, Diego or Mesut Özil, this principle worked wonderfully, club and player have benefited. Without the promise to be ready for sale with a good offer, many a player would not have switched to Bremen.

This includes Thomas Delaney, who was transferred in January 2016 for a relatively modest two million euros from FC Copenhagen to Bremen. At the time, Delaney was promised to be able to make the intermediate step to the Premier League in Bremen. England is his goal, he has never doubted that since his arrival in Bremen. Werder has accordingly promised Delaney to negotiate a change at the appropriate opportunity.

The fitting opportunity will come sometime in the summer, so at least Delaney plans it. "It's a thin line to be honest and respectful to the club at the same time," he said last Saturday after beating Leverkusen. A remarkable sentence in which there is a lot of substance. It would be respectful to the club to see their contract as what it is by 2021: a long-term employment relationship. It would be honest to formulate his change request clearly and clearly. Combining both is very difficult.

A thin line
On the fine line, Delaney has been doing quite well so far. "Thomas says that you can and should not exclude anything in football 100 percent. How he speaks is absolutely legitimate, "says Frank Baumann. "It's all right and understandable when he says that he wants to change when there's a top offer when the clubs agree." For Baumann himself, it's not a very easy situation either. A player who is under contract until 2021 and still speaks publicly about his intention to change, he would have under normal circumstances measure. But there is this promise that lured Delaney.

Last Friday, Delaney's advisor Michael Stensgaard visited the Weserstadion office. In conversation with Baumann it was about Delaney gone, but also to other players, not worth mentioning, said sports director and advisor then in similar wording. Whatever the truth, in essence, it should still have gone to the future of Delaney. The meeting is an indication that a farewell is approaching. So it could be that the goalless draw against Leverkusen was Delaney's last game in the Weserstadion. "I dont know. I want to be honest: what happens happens, "he said after the match. That too is amazing in times when the truth in football has become a more flexible term. Between the lines, Delaney makes it clear that he is planning his departure.

Clarity probably after the World Cup
An association keeps appearing in Delaney's plans for the future: Brighton & Hove Albion. Already last summer, the club from the English Premier League put out the feelers. Even then, Delaney would like to change, tell people involved. But Werder did not want to. Now there is the next attempt. According to information from MY WERDER Brighton is currently the only club that has a concrete offer including transfer fee deposited at Werder. However, the sum is so low that it gives Werder no reason to enter into negotiations. Willingness to talk it should give from Bremen side only from 20 million euros.

Where Delaney moves, so probably will turn out only after the World Cup. He wants to use the tournament in Russia with Denmark to earn several options for a change. Brighton is England, but is one of the clubs that are more in the lower half of the table. The "Seagulls" (gulls) have secured the league only towards the end of the season.

With two, three good appearances at the World Cup, Delaney could recommend for larger clubs. And so is his calculation. Werder has not given up the emotional leader yet. Against Leverkusen Delaney provided evidence of what makes him so valuable. He compensates for lacking footballing class with will and commitment. With so much will and effort that games can be won. Or defeats avoided. Nobody gives up such a player voluntarily, let alone a coach. "I try to convey that development is taking place at Werder and that players can still develop here," said Florian Kohfeldt some time ago. It was also about the future of Delaney. "I think a sporting perspective is important for the boys.

Skim reading that it sounds like we have offered well below the asking price, Burnleyesque style offer even, and that he wants to move to bigger club than Brighton?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Trying to get this wrapped up before the World Cup would be a smart move. If he has a good tournament it will be a lot harder to compete fo him. Apparently wanted to sign last Summer so this one may happen.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
We never ever go large on offers to start with so I can imagine a silly low ball bid to kick things off..However, he was a big target for us last year and we have already done the homework on him. He now wants to leave and WB will sell....
Now that we finally know we are in the PL for next year things will start to hot up...With a shorter Transfer Window (closes early August) and the WC there is less time than ever.

Hughton expects it to be less hectic than last year (made 7 signings in the summer) he wants quality and CM is an obvious area that needs an additional upgrade.
Can see 5-6 big signings this summer and hopefully he will be one of them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it all the posters who are desperate to be in Team Delaney are only doing so because of last Summer's interested.

The No Imagination Crew must be loving all these potential new Sheeple ready to swell their ranks.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'd be heart broken if next seasons shopping is just a rip off of this seasons failed dealings.

I guess you're eagerly waiting your membership card for The No Imagination Crew.

I can only go on what we know, hey if we can get better then happy bloody days bring it on !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here