Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton: "I think there's a lot more to come from [Locadia]"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You'd hope so, wouldn't you?

"We've been delighted with him, from what we've seen.

"Where it's been a little bit more difficult for him is that he is a centre-forward, quite a flexible player that has played in a 4-3-3 on numerous occasions at PSV but we see him very much as a centre-forward.

"For what we have in Glenn (Murray), who of course has done well and been scoring goals, and Leo (Ulloa) having brought him on loan from Leicester, they are very much used to the League here and used to playing as number nines in this division.

"Overall we have been delighted with him and probably he's missed out simply because of the strengths of the other two.

"But he's a player that has settled in really well and I think there's a lot more to come from him."

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Bought on spec but in reality for next season when he’ll be the main striker through the middle with a revamped improved supporting cast.

Can’t wait to see us rampaging with pace and guile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I think his situation is very much like Izquierdo. He came, struggled to get up to speed, therefore had limited game time and then suddenly it started to click.

Locadia needs a pre season with us and then I think he will be a totally different player next season. If you look back at a lot of signings they never look great for a few games and Locadia just hasn't had that run to get fully match fit, and up to speed with the Premier League. It is very rare indeed that a player joins and looks sharp straightaway in modern football.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Read that interview and thought he'll be getting more game time next season then..

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I absolutely agree with the added complication that the team by the time he arrived had found their feet. I think he will thrive next year and really show his quality. It’s great that we weren’t forced to blood him too early.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I would have thought that at the price we paid, he is by no means the finished article and probably has some significant weak areas that need working on.

However CH has obviously seen a lot he does like about him and, given what the management/coaching team have managed with the rest of the squad 'coming of age' in the Premier, I can't think of a place that will give him a better opportunity to address and improve those weaknesses. There's no hurry, and he can take time to get it right.

larus

I think his situation is very much like Izquierdo. He came, struggled to get up to speed, therefore had limited game time and then suddenly it started to click.

Locadia needs a pre season with us and then I think he will be a totally different player next season. If you look back at a lot of signings they never look great for a few games and Locadia just hasn't had that run to get fully match fit, and up to speed with the Premier League. It is very rare indeed that a player joins and looks sharp straightaway in modern football.

True. Look at Gross/Propper - they were written off too soon. Same as Schelotto.
Shame that Ryan is still too short though :lol:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
You seem a bit underwhelmed by Locadia [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

How I see it he was brought in, knowingly injured, and not expected to feature much. Very much one for next year. He has done what I expected thus far, ie not a lot other than settle an get some match experience. A bit of a rare gamble this one, and it's going to prove yay or nay after a proper pre season

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I hope he sets the Amex and the PL alight, with his goals, as long as he gets the Manure out of his head!

Get what you mean but playing for a 'big' club must be an aspiration for a lot of players. He will have to impress the shit out of everyone, whoever his dream team is, and that can only be good for us as he strives to perform. Must admit though, if he does come good, I would like him to stay. Maybe sticking a few past them tomorrow would pop his Man U bubble?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Get what you mean but playing for a 'big' club must be an aspiration for a lot of players. He will have to impress the shit out of everyone, whoever his dream team is, and that can only be good for us as he strives to perform. Must admit though, if he does come good, I would like him to stay. Maybe sticking a few past them tomorrow would pop his Man U bubble?

Totally agree with this.
Lukaku and Rashford pffft....:)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
IF we are safe after Saturday I'm really hoping we'll see him action for the last two games. Odds for Locadia scoring Friday after coming on as sub?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why is [Locadia] in brackets?

The first part of the sentence ("I think there's a lot more to come from") is a direct quote from Hughton.

Hughton then actually said "him" (because he had been speaking about Locadia prior to that). However, if [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] had just put "him" it wouldn't be clear who this thread was about.

The brackets simply indicate that the word actually spoken by Hughton ("him") has been replaced by the name of the individual himself - it doesn't alter the meaning of Hughton's words, but the word "Locadia" was not actually spoken by Hughton in this quote.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Locadia needs a pre season with us and then I think he will be a totally different player next season. If you look back at a lot of signings they never look great for a few games and Locadia just hasn't had that run to get fully match fit, and up to speed with the Premier League. It is very rare indeed that a player joins ( in January ) and looks sharp straightaway in modern football.

I agree absolutely !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here