Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red card challenge on knockaert...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watford have West Brom at the end of the month.
What's the betting there's a challenge in that game, nowhere near os bad as this one, that has the Watford fans screaming for a red card.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Anything can look bad when it's just one frame. :facepalm:

Oh yeah, you know, a boot to the lateral side of the knee is nothing. Can't cause any kind of damage what so ever :facepalm: Have you actually looked at the photo? I could give you anecdotal account of what tearing your lateral, medial and anterior ligament is like if you so wish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh yeah, you know, a boot to the lateral side of the knee is nothing. Can't cause any kind of damage what so ever :facepalm: Have you actually looked at the photo? I could give you anecdotal account of what tearing your lateral, medial and anterior ligament is like if you so wish.

I have no idea how to answer this.
I even put a :facepalm: in to highlight my sarcasm.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What I didn't know before game is Watford fans HATE (and I really mean HATE) Knocky with a passion going back to when he played for Leicester and dived his way into infamy apparently. Merely mentioning his name pre match over brunch sent 3 Hornet mates into a rage with accompanying ticks still 10mins after changing subject!

When he got subbed the boos where louder than any home noise prior and it had nothing to do with the sending off. But now Watford fans really really hate him even though it's not Anthony's fault he was assaulted today!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
As I'm sure you've now seen, he didn't jump. Luckily he had that leg off the ground as the tackle came in. If it was planted it would have been snapped, I'm sure.

This. Very very lucky there was no weight on that leg at the point of impact or...well it would not have been pretty.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I also had this thought when they booed him. If it wasn't for Knockaert diving and missing pen, they wouldn't be premier league

Well, that's not strictly true being as they went up the following season.
They wouldn't have lost to palace in the final if it wasn't for Knocky.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Well, that's not strictly true being as they went up the following season.
They wouldn't have lost to palace in the final if it wasn't for Knocky.

Ah of course. Got years mixed up. Although, Watford fan hasn't corrected me when I made same point on Twitter. Must be a plastic

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
After looking at the footage indepth it honestly looks like he was trying to end Knockaert's career. There wasn't even an attempt for the ball and had his eyes fixed on doing as much damage to AK as possible. I hope the FA come down hard on the prick! You would get atleast 12 months for that if you did it to someone in the street.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
What on earth was he thinking? If it hadn't had the potential to be so serious it would be comically bad.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What on earth was he thinking? If it hadn't had the potential to be so serious it would be comically bad.

He was late, knew he wasn't going to get the ball, decided to stop the player.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
One of the worst challenges I have seen against a Brighton player. Should face a hefty fine and be banned for at least 5 games for that. Could very easily have finished AK's career.

This.....One of the worst against any player for a long time, as and a referee i have been treated to a few less than perfect ones. What went through his mind i will never guess.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
From the WFC forum.

Screenshot from 2017-08-27 08-44-59.png

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He was late, knew he wasn't going to get the ball, decided to stop the player.

Thing was he could've got the ball, he had to go past it to swing a boot at Knockaert.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
WATFORD FAN HAS A GO AT KNOCKY
At the same place as the tackle but earlier on in the game, Knocky went down on the floor and a Watford fan ran down 6 steps, leant over the barrier and gave AK some heavy verbals and finger pointing. Stewards just sat ignoring the guy.
Fan was bald headed, glasses and a grey top.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We were sat in the Elton John stand with the Watford fans next to the camera and the away fans and they were all whinging that AK dived and he deserved it and it was a yellow at worst
We were dying for AK to smash one in against them and shut the tossers up

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ah of course. Got years mixed up. Although, Watford fan hasn't corrected me when I made same point on Twitter. Must be a plastic

Perhaps he had Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-type therapy to remove their trip to Wembley from his mind?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Watford have illusions of billy big bo**ocks and regard themselves as the Barcelona to our Accrington Stanley when in reality its a totally sterile and soulless club with a spattering of loyal fans who feel they are always hard done by decisions .
They don't like knocky anyway because of play offs ,but I cant see any self respecting fan of any club including the great unwashed up the road not agreeing with that decision or a longer ban and the posters who disagree on the Watford forums are surely having a rose tinted glasses day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For those of you who weren't at Selhurst Park to see Henry Hughton end Gerry Ryan's career, it was basically a carbon copy of that.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here