Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
First race of the year!!! Trowes 10k.
Situated in the outskirts of Norwich at the ski centre. Apparently 700 entries this year. Basically a 2k run to the willingham county park and back then 4k loop twice round the ski centre incorporating a kilometre climb though the centre of Trowes which on the 2nd loop found me out losing a good 40 seconds.felt comfortable throughout the race and pleased to run under 40 minutes in 39.45 and bodes well for the future.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Just got home. Over the bloody moon to have finished in 9.51. We won't talk about the winner's 5.53 because it's not human

Brilliant time, well done! I was watching some the live times yesterday, as i watching out for a mate and couldnt believe the winners splits.. 6.55 mi at Botolphs and then again at southese. Barely nudging over 7.00 mi at Eastbourne immense.

But yeah..Big well done again.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Well after a torn achilles and a torn ITB I today did my first 'run' in 351 days. I have no plans to do marathons but just getting out again felt very reassuring and de-stressing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brilliant time, well done! I was watching some the live times yesterday, as i watching out for a mate and couldnt believe the winners splits.. 6.55 mi at Botolphs and then again at southese. Barely nudging over 7.00 mi at Eastbourne immense.

But yeah..Big well done again.

Thanks. It's insane really - basically back to back sub 3 hour marathons over the Downs.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
12 miles from Hove to Saltdean and back at marathon pace c.7:45 per mile.

Sub 3:30 is going to be tough, the pace felt ok but my calf's, groin and feet didn't feel great, hopefully a week if rest and mainly running Hove Lawns rather than road this week will get me close to full fitness come race day.

Saw [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] at Brighton Pier going the opposite direction.

3 more runs to go - 6 miles Tuesday, 4 miles Thursday & 2 miles Saturday.
[MENTION=26481]downham seagull[/MENTION]l sub 40 10k hugely impressive would like to crack that myself by the end of the year.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any tips on the best way to deal with chafed NIPS?

Having bloodied my shirt a week or two back through a very badly chaffed nip, I've taken to putting a plaster over each of them before I go out. Does the job very well.

Getting them off after is 'fun' though...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Having bloodied my shirt a week or two back through a very badly chaffed nip, I've taken to putting a plaster over each of them before I go out. Does the job very well.

As in 'Max Moseley' fun?

I've ordered some anti chafing gel from Amazon (via the NSC link of course!). Will report back!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Nipguards are what you need. About a tenner of Amazon.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well, just back from a run. Pretty pathetic compared to the feats in this thread but I managed a whopping 3 miles at 12 minutes average pace. I'm pleased with it. Everyone has to start somewhere, right?
Correct. You're going to be shit on your first few runs. There'd be no satisfaction in the progression everyone started off running 6 min/mile pace.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Welcome aboard!

That's 5km, give or take. A lot of folk follow a programme to get to 5k and you're already there.

As a related aside, I enjoyed this quick read this morning: https://medium.com/this-happened-to-me/i-ran-for-a-year-9ab3cc1292a8

I think we can all relate to that article.

Setting goals is key for me. Realistic ones too that still allow you to enjoy yourself without becoming too obsessive.

My current running (& riding) fad has been going for 2 years now and includes 3 half marathons, a marathon and a 100 mile cycling sportive. Unfortunately the Cycling event has hampered the marathon training so I won't be lining up alongside those tackling the Brighton marathon next weekend - but good luck to those that do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here