Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer embargo on FFP

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't understand the thinking behind this type of comment. Why would it be scrapped because a club like Forest gambled and failed. I would suggest the thinking behind it is to somehow justify moaning at the club for a lack of spending!

FFP is being imposed by UEFA with sanctions imposed this year. The PL has FFP with sanctions expected to be imposed from Dec this year for certain breaches and from 2016 for breaches of the loss limits.
I will be delighted if Forest get fined, just can't see it happening! We will see...

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
The penalties that stung Manchester City were based on UEFA and playing in European Competitions. Manchester City did NOT break any Premier League rules; and thus will not be punished by the Premier League in any shape or form.

The financial fair play at our level is set by The Football League. Personally, the main issues will be those teams that are promoted to the Premier League that break FFP; as The Premier League and Football League have not come to a complete agreement in relation to FFP.

When people discuss FFP, make sure there is clarity, as FFP is different for UEFA, for The Premier League and for The Football League.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I will be delighted if Forest get fined, just can't see it happening! We will see...

They won't get fined. FFS read the bloody stuff that is continuously posted on here and in the media about FF fracking P!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Read up on it. Stop posting rubbish

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I thought it was UEFA not the PL who have fined them

You are correct, as someone else also pointed out, but I would have thought if they have broken UEFA rules to the tune of receiving a £50 million fine, the chances are they broke PL rules too ???

I read on here transgressors will be named in December (?) Will be interesting to see what sanctions are applied

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You are correct, as someone else also pointed out, but I would have thought if they have broken UEFA rules to the tune of receiving a £50 million fine, the chances are they broke PL rules too ???

I read on here transgressors will be named in December (?) Will be interesting to see what sanctions are applied

UEFA limits are far more stringent than Premier League ones.

£36.6m permitted loss over 3 seasons compared to £105m.

In any case sanctions for breaching the Premier League FFP allowed losses limits don't come into effect until 2016.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Albion actually don't want transfer embargos for other clubs as it slows the market place up FWIW...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Under FFP you cannot sign new players or extend expiring contracts.
Potentially the best bit - could be some good players going free after FFP sanctions have kicked in
So the clubs that know they're about to fail just do a load of deals in the summer, that will last them a few years.

Premier league would not agree with this, hence the change.
Well the Premier League said they didn't want it, but it's not actually up to them. The FL just agreed, as they're pathetic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The transfer embargo wont make any difference. I would think that the rules on FFP are easy to circumvent. Clubs like Nottingham Forest will extend any players contracts that they want to keep before the accounts are submitted and will have brought or signed on a free the players they want by that time also. The fine to wealthy arabs/russians will be like pocket money to them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The transfer embargo wont make any difference. I would think that the rules on FFP are easy to circumvent. Clubs like Nottingham Forest will extend any players contracts that they want to keep before the accounts are submitted and will have brought or signed on a free the players they want by that time also. The fine to wealthy arabs/russians will be like pocket money to them.

You maybe right but the summer window is the very last opportunity for them, and for that matter any other club, to do that and it is again a big gamble. Once again, someone doesn't understand the rules on FFP. Why on earth do you refer to a fine???????

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You maybe right but the summer window is the very last opportunity for them, and for that matter any other club, to do that and it is again a big gamble. Once again, someone doesn't understand the rules on FFP. Why on earth do you refer to a fine???????

BG and others please please read up on it.

I get told to "chill out" when I again point out that some posters are plain stupid. It would take the average person five minutes to actually read the regulations on Football League FFP but yet again some post rubbish.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I said on another thread, the Albion (think it was Burke) don't like transfer embargos as it slows the market place... Doesn't seem like we can win by playing by the rules eh

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have read about the sanctions for non compliance and whilst it isnt a fine it is a tax but in effect it is the same thing under a different name with the same nill affect on wealthy owners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here