Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bay City Rollers reform four decades on from glory days

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A highlight from their era was when Johnny Walker on his lunchtime radio 1 show on the album chart always rang out of time when the BCR had a number one album, so that both he and his listeners weren't subject to their warblings.
Johnny Walker done the singles chart every Tuesday lunchtime. My aging memory thinks that with two songs still to play either BCR or Gerry Rafferty (Baker Street) was to be number one and he played the wrong song, Rafferty at number one instead of BCR, correcting it a few seconds in.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So much anger for what was an inoffensive boyband from the 70s! Incredible that people are getting worked up about it.

I can proudly say I have never owned a Bay City Rollers single or album..

I don't own one either but I can't say that it fills me with pride. Total indifference on my part.

Maybe that's why I didn't like music when I was a kid if these tw@ts were dominating the charts.

Boybands have always dominated the charts though. The target audience are schoolgirls. There was other music around at the time, you know.

Never had glory days -worst band EVER

Worst band ever? Not by a long chalk. Worse than Vanilla? Blazin Squad? Fast Food Rockers? Vengaboys? The Reynolds Girls?

Worse than GG Allin? Pfft...

For what it's worth, I quite liked their cover of 'Bye, Bye Baby'. I still do.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So much anger for what was an inoffensive boyband from the 70s! Incredible that people are getting worked up about it.

I don't own one either but I can't say that it fills me with pride. Total indifference on my part.

Boybands have always dominated the charts though. The target audience are schoolgirls. There was other music around at the time, you know.

Worst band ever? Not by a long chalk. Worse than Vanilla? Blazin Squad? Fast Food Rockers? Vengaboys? The Reynolds Girls?

Worse than GG Allin? Pfft...

For what it's worth, I quite liked their cover of 'Bye, Bye Baby'. I still do.

Spot on!!

Shang a Lang is a great song.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Band of recent years will never need to do a reunion for money reasons.

They still will though. Because apparently you can never have 'enough' money.

Don't really remember BCR but then I was only between 4 and 8 at the height of their fame. Don't really have any negative feelings for them though. Or positive really :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm pleased to see I am in good company on this thread in my guilty pleasure of actually liking their version of Bye Bye Baby.

You haven't heard much music if you can judge them worst ever boy band let alone worst ever band.

I actually love the music snobbery of NSC.

Anyone care to admit to changing their minds about Coldplay yet, and accepting that they are a fine band???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Yep me too. Over the last couple of years myself and [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] have seen Meatloaf, Billy Ocean AND Leo Sayer and you know what each one was ****ing brilliant

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm pleased to see I am in good company on this thread in my guilty pleasure of actually liking their version of Bye Bye Baby.

You haven't heard much music if you can judge them worst ever boy band let alone worst ever band.

Anyone care to admit to changing their minds about Coldplay yet, and accepting that they are a fine band???

Ah! Particularly pleased that you agree with me. I must be doing something right! Regarding Coldplay, I liked their first album and I reckon 'Yellow' is a magnificent tune. I could listen to that all day. I wasn't too impressed with their second album so stopped bothering with them after that.

Now here's a thing I'll happily admit is not a view universally shared... I reckon you'll be hard-pushed to find a much better first album by a boy-band than 'Push' by Bros. At the time I thought it was bloody magnificent and I reckon that a fair few of the tracks have stood the test of time quite well.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I rushed home from School at the age of 13 to see the Rollers TV show. Eric was my favourite

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Actually they were quite offensive.............

Please go on, what did you find offensive about them?

Other great bands such as the sex Pistols i understand why people were offended by them, they went out of there way to offend.

But how did the Rollers offend you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here