Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Costa Rica (on ITV from Elland Road)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So far, Rashford has played himself into the starting line-up whilst Delph seems to want to stay at home.

Thought Delph had been decent so far. Loftus-Cheek; Jones and Alexander-Arnold have been poor. Though suspect that is all down to Jones being too shit to actually pass to anyone in a decent position.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is there a new set of laws for tonight?. I haven’t seen a free kick yet for contact only for being near

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thought Delph had been decent so far. Loftus-Cheek; Jones and Alexander-Arnold have been poor. Though suspect that is all down to Jones being too shit to actually pass to anyone in a decent position.

Delph has put two free kicks in dangerous positions straight at the keeper. Pisses me off when I see it at the Albion but unforgivable at international level. AA has been decent as has Rose. Agree with Jones and Cheek being poor.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Don't like the wing back system myself. Like having proper advanced pacey wingers (think Paul Brooker at the withdean) destroying the opposition full backs. I know it's the last friendly before the world cup but I think we look slow and devoid of much creativity.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Don't like the wing back system myself. Like having proper advanced pacey wingers (think Paul Brooker at the withdean) destroying the opposition full backs. I know it's the last friendly before the world cup but I think we look slow and devoid of much creativity.

It’s the system Spurs and City play

Liverpool and Chelsea use it from time to time as well.

Makes sense to use it for England - plus it fits the players we have

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Vardy has been poor.

Laughable people want him in ahead of Kane

Unbelievable if anyone truly said that.

Also, NOT just based on his wonder goal, but I'd also select Rashford over Sterling. Sterling's decision making when clean in on goal for England is shocking, his goal to chances ratio for England is awful. Like Vardy, he gets tense in those key England moments.

Kane and Rashford for me.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Unbelievable if anyone truly said that.

Also, NOT just based on his wonder goal, but I'd also select Rashford over Sterling. Sterling's decision making when clean in on goal for England is shocking, his goal to chances ratio for England is awful. Like Vardy, he gets tense in those key England moments.

Kane and Rashford for me.

Would play all three in first two games

Pace is how you kill teams that park the bus.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watching this England performance, I'm just left hoping we try to play like this at the tournament.

We're not good enough to win it, but let's bow out by giving it our best shot rather than the old rabbit in headlights bollox we usually have to put up with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here