Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Friendly at Birmingham tomorrow

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
from the view in the stand it looks like Stephens takes their wall out and it is blasted through the gap...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We looked very underprepared. Very sloppy. At this stage of pre-season the lack of cohesion was slightly concerning. That said their young keeper was excellent. But so was Ryan.
Bernardo looked lost; Propper looked like he did on debut last season; March was ineffectual, Duffyvs frustrating mix of good and sloppy.

On the plus side Knockaert was all energy both going forward and chasing back, Bruno was his imperious self, Dunk was his composed self, Balogun is a good player and Bissouma's cameo was full of promise.
Not much else though
I thought Bernardo looked lively. Seems to be getting better

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It was just a friendly and you don't expect a full on display, but those that have proper competition for their place in the side I was waiting for a little reaction. Nothing happened, and the same deficiencies easily seen. March still doesn't have an idea what to do with the ball apart from hit it in the area with no regard to who may be on the end of it. Percentages will tell you some of these crosses will end up appearing genius but the reality is these too would have been blindly played. Knockeart similarly appears to have hit a wall.

So glad we have so many options, we might even create more chances on the road.

I agree re Solly - he doesn't really appear to offer too much at the mo. ( new contract x how many years ?? ) - Knocky is hard to call as it looks like he has been told to play deeper and to be fair has been doing a good defensive job. Duffy has not been too impressive in the ps friendlies thus far.

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It was just a friendly and you don't expect a full on display, but those that have proper competition for their place in the side I was waiting for a little reaction. Nothing happened, and the same deficiencies easily seen. March still doesn't have an idea what to do with the ball apart from hit it in the area with no regard to who may be on the end of it. Percentages will tell you some of these crosses will end up appearing genius but the reality is these too would have been blindly played. Knockeart similarly appears to have hit a wall.

So glad we have so many options, we might even create more chances on the road.

Knockaert had a good game, no coincidence with Bruno behind him. His defensive work is great to see also.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bissouma looks very promising,lovely goal too.Knocky very up for it,particularly when defending,Bruno and Dunky ready,but Shane seems to still be in holiday mode.Connal Trueman,the Blues' keeper was very impressive.Youth team product and looks like a future star-no wonder Stockdale and Kush are surplus to requirements!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Connal Trueman,the Blues' keeper was very impressive.Youth team product and looks like a future star-no wonder Stockdale and Kush are surplus to requirements!

He looked shorter than the average height of professional goalkeepers. The Soccerbase website says he's 6'1", but he didn't look that tall to me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh dear, Watford will be rubbing their hands at this.

In fact, about a dozen PL teams, all looking for '3 we can finish above', have probably just added one more name to their list..........................
The mighty Watford who gave Brentford a 2-1 hiding today and will no doubt be looking at pre season results like

Everton lost 3-0 to Blackburn
Leicester lost 2-1 to Udinese
Newcastle drew 2-2 with Hull
Southampton lost 3-0 with Derby
West Ham drew 2-2 with Preston
Cardiff lost 2-1 to Rotherham
Wolves drew 0-0 with Stoke
Bournemouth drew 1-1 with Bristol City

in last week or so and rubbing their hands even further.

or more likely sensibly not taking pre season results too seriously.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The mighty Watford who gave Brentford a 2-1 hiding today and will no doubt be looking at pre season results like

Not the result. The performance - looked tired and toothless to me (OK, maybe some saw it differently - fair enough, but that was my view). Perked up a bit when Bissouma came on; only a cameo, I know, but looked promising.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He looked shorter than the average height of professional goalkeepers. The Soccerbase website says he's 6'1", but he didn't look that tall to me.

6' 1"?Didn't look much taller than Ryan,but certainly packed a punch!

el punal

Oh dear, Watford will be rubbing their hands at this.

In fact, about a dozen PL teams, all looking for '3 we can finish above', have probably just added one more name to their list..........................

For goodness sake! It was a friendly. You know, the time to try things out, test things, tinker around a bit, find out what’s what. Hardly the occasion to get your knickers in a twist. :shrug:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Exactly. Christ do some people never learn?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not the result. The performance - looked tired and toothless to me (OK, maybe some saw it differently - fair enough, but that was my view). Perked up a bit when Bissouma came on; only a cameo, I know, but looked promising.

Seville and Athletico Madrid showed us something about the season ahead but even so not much.
But Nantes will be more of a harbinger of things ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here