Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If anyone knows a worse diy bike mechanic than me can they please introduce me to him/her as I need cheering up.

Currently running to about 5 hours + just to replace a sram shifter and put on a new chain. Can't even get the so called 'no tools' Sram powerlink chainlink to lock into place or unlock again to have another go. And I haven't even gone back to gear indexing yet ( having wasted time on that already before realising I needed to order a new chain as the old one was stretched) :cry:

I'll eall how long after I have got the wheel back on, new to hub gears Fiddly.

Rip0002.JPG

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
My girlfriend's bike was stolen yesterday from our flat, other stuff too, but obviously the bike is the main thing.

What would these #*@^s do with a £1,000 bike? We are trying to figure out the best way to get this bac and look where it would most likely be sold.

It's a Cube WLS axial race bike in case anyone sees anything around picture below.

19905409_10154695336386867_6571475578038700321_n.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Done. One hour 20 minutes to thread (little wire and nut) the hub gears back on and the wheel back on. Derailleur and it would take five minutes tops.

PS: make that two hours and a bit: chain got jammed.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Really not having much luck at the moment. Just getting over my rib injury from last month, and now I've been bitten by a dog (last night) just after leaving work for a ride. Had to have a tetanus injection this morning, put on a course of antibiotics, & reported it to the Police. Nice big puncture wounds in my thigh & bruising coming out.

FFS.

Really not having much luck at the moment. Just getting over my rib injury from last month, and now I've been bitten by a dog (last night) just after leaving work for a ride. Had to have a tetanus injection this morning, put on a course of antibiotics, & reported it to the Police. Nice big puncture wounds in my thigh & bruising coming out.

FFS.

I saw that bud, bloody nasty. Hope ur back on it soon as! I've had a sodding cold all week n desperate to get out.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

FFS.

Christ...

I was bitten by a dog recently - didn't report it when I should have, didn't get a tetanus injection when I should have. I seem to be okay.

Dogs can be such wankers.

Feel for you, FP.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

FFS.

Don't worry fella, its just your turn to have the run of bad luck. The baton will be back with me in no time.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[MENTION=16679]Hangullton[/MENTION], thanks for the anti-squeal help. By my standards I carried out a full clean up but by my LBS standards I probably just waved some cleaning items at it. Seems to have done the trick.
[MENTION=16399]pb21[/MENTION], I hope those scumbags get what's coming to them. Mate of mine had a bike pinched from his apartment balcony, so don't take it personally.
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION], time for another hunky selfie I think.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
By all means reply with :tosser: but I had wander into a SportsDirect yesterday and was tempted to buy a commute shorts and T combo at £26 all in. High vis T can only help.

Yesterday's verbal abuse was from females. Classy eh? One with young children in car.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BBC Four Pedalling Dreams: " The Raleigh Story"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08j8mvl/pedalling-dreams-the-raleigh-story

For the last 150 years, Britain has been a nation of bike lovers. And for much of that time, one make has been associated with quality, innovation and Britishness - Raleigh bikes.
Born in the back streets of Nottingham in 1888, Raleigh grew to become the biggest bicycle manufacturer in the world. For over a century, the company was known for its simple and practical bikes, built to last a lifetime. For generations, its designs were thought second to none, enjoyed by adults and children alike.
Now, with wonderful personal testimony and rare and previously unseen archive film, this documentary tells the extraordinary tale of the ups and downs of Raleigh bikes - a beautifully illustrated story full of remarkable characters, epic adventures and memorable bikes.
Meet the people who rode and raced them, the workers who built them and the dealers who sold them. Find out how cycling saved the life of Raleigh's founder, discover the technological advances behind the company's success and join Raleigh bike riders who recall epic adventures far and wide.
Along the way, the programme takes viewers on a journey back to cycling's golden age - rediscover the thrill of learning to ride your first bike and find out what went on inside the Raleigh factory, where the company's craftsmen produced some of Britain's most iconic bikes.
Finally, the documentary reveals what went wrong at Raleigh - the battles it had with its rivals, the controversy behind the design of the Chopper, and the effect the closure of its factories had on its loyal workers. This is the extraordinary untold story of the rise and fall of Raleigh bikes.

On another tip, avoiding the difficulty in getting us geeks out together in 1 go appears nye on impossible! I, however know a few of you now and am off for the summer! (Not bragging..honest!) If any of you fancy going do a spin then please DM me. My plan is to be out as much as possible!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This should be on Le Tour thread but I think it needs to be kept 'alive' here:-

[tweet]888127756109840384[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
20170726_180839-1.jpg

:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Talk about keeping an idiot in suspense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here