Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have UEFA ruined the Euros?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It was like watching a Poyet side last night plenty of possession and no end product,. I would love us to sign Skirtel he was outstanding.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
24 teams is here to stay.

And next time, there is no host country - Euro 2020 is being played across 13 different capitals (London, Rome, Baku, Munich, St Petersburg, Amsterdam, Dublin, Bucharest, Bilbao, Brussels, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Budapest). So group games scattered to the winds, and then a 2nd round game god-knows-where, with about 4-5 days notice to sort tickets, transport and accomodation. Good luck following your team round that then.

Sorting out the post-Brexi visas will be fun.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
what depressed me was at one point the ITV comentator -or possibly Hoddle -said, what he should be doing is running towards the box and look to draw a foul either in or outside. On one occasin I heard-he should have gone down. Its this attitude which is killing football, look at how ofter Knocky or Jiri last season stayed on their feet, rode tackles and delighted us with mesmerising runs into the box to score or set up chances, rather than fall over whewnever they saw the oposition shirts to try and "win" a foul or penalty kick

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What depressed me was seeing Jordan Henderson unable to beat the first man with a corner or free kick he took yet in open play every cross he did was overhit to the back post and beyond .

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
If we reach the last eight then the chances are whoever we get will be a decent team.

Exactly. And we will get to see what England can do against a team that attacks them and leaves space open at the back. The tournament really hasn't started yet for England. Every team we've played has parked the bus. England haven't been afforded the high line Russia played against Wales last night (ultimately to their undoing).

As long as we don't get Portugal in the next round we should get to the quarters, and that was what the majority of people expected before the tournament. So there's not many surprises, the format of the tournament has simply bred defensive football.

The big boy's football starts in the quarters. hopefully England's inability to score against this defensive football hasn't effed up their chances of getting there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here