Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Johnny RoastBeef;8076523[B said:
]I get the feeling Manu's issue was his attitude, rather than his ability.[/B]A lesson for our recruitment team that has hopefully been learnt from.

From what I have read Dwamena is deeply religious and has a great attitude.

I get a different feeling

Strikes me as. That's not who I want but couldn't get who I want but maybe he will turn out to be a revelation. Lets go for it and wait and see. Don't think you can be detrimental to recruitment team. It was a last day of transfer window recruitment

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
At 21 years old I think it's worth a bit of a gamble. To get a proven striker at this level you need to spend £20m in today's market. Who knows if the deal goes through we could have an absolute gem on our hands. Looks strong, powerful and not too selfish. Completely different type of striker to what we already have so we take him gladly (no pun intended)

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
From what I have read Dwamena is deeply religious.

This could cause a few problems to say the least! Considering we're going to play a fair few games on a Sunday this season, it's going to be a very tight squeeze fitting in Sunday Mass. I don't think Jesus and God will be too understanding off his 'dilemma'. I suspect they'll be both planning eternal hell for Dwamena if he decides to put Sky sports fixtures above his loyalty to Church.

I bet this is why it's taking so long for him to sign.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This could cause a few problems to say the least! Considering we're going to play a fair few games on a Sunday this season, it's going to be a very tight squeeze fitting in Sunday Mass. I don't think Jesus and God will be too understanding off his 'dilemma'. I suspect they'll be both planning eternal hell for Dwamena if he decides to put Sky sports fixtures above his loyalty to Church.

Doesn't cause a problem for Bruno....but then you are just jesting

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bruno is an exception. He has natural born Pope potential. When Bruno finally retires, I think in honour, he should be made a saint.

There is already a Saint Bruno, patron saint of Pipe smokers i seem to recall?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
10m is the new 1-3m in this crazy market, especially where strikers are concerned.

At 21 years old I think it's worth a bit of a gamble. To get a proven striker at this level you need to spend £20m in today's market. Who knows if the deal goes through we could have an absolute gem on our hands. Looks strong, powerful and not too selfish. Completely different type of striker to what we already have so we take him gladly (no pun intended)

The club think he will score goals, if he can then his level of success is a pretty low bar.

If RD scores 10 goals this season he's worth 25-35+m.
In the unlikely event he does that before January he's a walking blank cheque.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Not sure if you are trying to be funny?

Sunday is no more sacred to Christianity than the Sabbath is to Judaism. Hemed and Tony Bloom both take their Jewish religion very seriously, but have no issues with working on the Sabbath. I don't think Rahpael's religion can be construed as any sort of a problem.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Completely spot on.

I mean we are talking about £12m for Chris Wood!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Sunday is no more sacred to Christianity than the Sabbath is to Judaism. Hemed and Tony Bloom both take their Jewish religion very seriously, but have no issues with working on the Sabbath. I don't think Rahpael's religion can be construed as any sort of a problem.

Megazone is usually trying to be funny.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I get a different feeling

Strikes me as. That's not who I want but couldn't get who I want but maybe he will turn out to be a revelation. Lets go for it and wait and see. Don't think you can be detrimental to recruitment team. It was a last day of transfer window recruitment

Probably a bit unfair of me to blame them, but in hindsight I don't doubt they wish they hadn't signed him.

Here is a piece about Dwamena when he didn't make the Ghanian African cup of Nations squad in January:

Dwamena assured that he won’t act as a pessimist at this point and it will rather give him a push towards composing Cameroon 2019 squad.Furthermore he reiterated that he was least expecting this outcome but God always comes-up with a plan. He also said he won’t despair and will strive harder.

Meanwhile Elvis Manu was getting sacked by Go Ahead Eagles for "unprofessional conduct"

You can see why I made the statement.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

These "he takes his religion seriously' comments are very stupid indeed. What religious person doesn't take their religion seriously?

Yeah, I go to church every week, but I don't take it seriously, it's just a load of fun to me, nothing serious. It's probably not true either but I do love to pay the Church a visit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Played a full 90 minutes in a goalless draw with Young Boys, I say!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here